Another IL trooper killed by semi .

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by RickG, Mar 30, 2013.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    This wasn't about that officer, Roadmedic,and it wasn't about justice or fairness, simply trying to put this tragedy in human terms.

One life ended and others in ruin, some more than others. Waking up thinking you were in a nightmare and finding that it isn't a dream, that is the reality of this. I don't live in Illinois, but that isn't the only place bad things happen to people who didn't deserve it.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    My point is simple.

I know the truck driver was wrong too.

But, when the trooper killed the girls in the Belleville area, it was kept quiet and they kept the officer on salary for 2 years.

It reeks of double standard.

One poster on here said it was fine when it was a dirty trucker. What about this?

I have friends as officers.

Why should the truck driver go to jail when the offense is not different?

EZX1100 and snowblind Thank this.
  4. 54Trucker

54Trucker Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2013
    The way I see it there is simply too many cars and trucks on the road for anyone to be safe, so greed is really the no#1 factor for his death. When our industry was in our cities we all had plenty of room and we weren't traveling 30+ miles for work every day. We had a better economic system that had standards. The scam of deregulation changed everything for the worse, so I would expect more deaths on the roads since they are all illegally overcrowded.

The majority of the time police throughout the country are no where to be found on the highways when you need them to keep order. So their silence is their own fault collectively, just as it is our fault when we are running 14 in a day as if it is normal. I seriously believe the entire system will have to collapse before anything gets better.

It just shows how low we have sunk as a nation. The two things that surprised me in the video was that none of the men in the bar stopped him from hitting her, and how she managed to get up after being (what looked like) punched in the face.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  5. 70s_driver

70s_driver Medium Load Member

May 4, 2014
    It is very common to see the Illinois State Police parked on the left shoulder of that highway, especially at that time of the night. I believe Id park on the right shoulder to catch speeders, at least youd have somewhere to go if you happened to see something like this about to happen, instead of being pinned against that wall. Like that one commenter stated, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the divider between the front seat and the rear had something to do with his death. Granted they need protection between themselves and accused criminals but hitting his head on that divider certainly did not do him any good, especially on an impact of that magnitude. I think a good idea would be to build a cage on the right side of the vehicle in the back seat that would house a max of 2 prisoners. This would protect the officers in the event of a collision such as this. My Condolences to his family.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  6. 70s_driver

70s_driver Medium Load Member

May 4, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.