Another insurance question.....

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Metalicious, Aug 6, 2022.

1. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    It has been a long time since I did it, but if I remember correctly I got a lease before I boughtthe truck. I got temporary tags to drive the truck home, so I had to have at least bobtail and physical damage. But as I mentioned above it has been a long time...

Cat sdp and Metalicious Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    My issue is the lender won't fund without insurance. I'm just going to try buying the policy with progressive. And deal with the rest later. It asks are you leased and you select yes or no. The carrier I'm leasing to is supposed to get the lease written tomorrow. Or I guess I could wait and see what great west offers tomorrow, too

4. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Ok, I may have need a lease when I financed my first truck, but honestly I can't remember.

Metalicious Thanks this.
  5. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    OOIDA has a insurance policy that you can buy from them that covers your driving from where you bought the truck for less than a week to get it leased on to the company and have their insurance started.

wis bang and Metalicious Thank this.
  6. Metalicious

Metalicious Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2015
    I will look into that as well. Turns out a company I'm looking at leasing to says they can have all that done for me in 2-3 days. So I may just wait and see. I don't want to pay $500 down for insurance I may not truly have if I'm not leased somewhere anyway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.