Another issue..

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Humbretrucking, Aug 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humbretrucking

Humbretrucking Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2020
    Don’t give me stupid responses.. it’s the mechanics job to make sure the truck is correct..

I never had this issue.. do the math !!

my truck has NEVER BEEN IN SUCH CONDITION. God bless you all

please don’t respond STUPIDLY

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    It also sounds stupid to drive with your bags obviously overinflated. I guess we each have our own opinions.

Anyway, you don’t have to mess with your leveling valve to change air bags. You find a block of wood and put it between your frame and axle. Then when you dump the air it will take weight off the bag but won’t collapse it, making it so you unbolt everything and slide it right out. Then you put the new one(s) on, hook up the air, and like magic your truck goes to the same ride height as before because there is no need to diddle with the leveling valve. So provided that they replaced your bags with the same bags and your truck had the correct bags to start with it will be at the correct height. There is no need to “level” the truck as you say because literally nothing has changed as far as your leveling valve is concerned.

You had traction control lights on and state your truck was difficult to handle yet kept driving without stopping to figure out what was going on. Your leveling valve was probably exhausting air because your bags were overinflated, you probably could’ve heard it if you bothered to stop and check before you got to GA.

Hope it all works out for you in the end. I guess the big take away is when something doesn’t seem correct you should probably inspect your truck instead of continuing to drive.

4. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    Nobody here has responded stupidly to you. I bet everyone that has responded has actually changed out an air bag by themselves and knows how it works.
    And everything I've seen said is true.

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I can tell you right now, nobody will ever check ride height when they replace an air bag. There is zero reason to unless a customer has a specific concern about the height being incorrect. Simply changing air bags has zero effect on ride height.

6. Humbretrucking

Sep 23, 2020
    The bags were over inflated & the mechanic didn’t adjust the bags. You could visually see that they were over inflated
    i stopped 4 times num nutz… did anyone bother to ask ?? Or just assume.. better yet please flag my post and get me out of here.. thanks

called several shops for help also along the way.. god bless y’all

7. Humbretrucking

Sep 23, 2020
    I asked the mechanic how come the bags in the back are so big??? At that point I believe it was a concern.. I was told nothing is wrong.. I never seen airbags that inflated.. once again it was brought to attention prior.

8. Humbretrucking

Sep 23, 2020
    You people think I got my Cdl from a cereal box..? Of course I stopped!! Several times and contacted several shops.. oh yea fyi loves does not work on transmissions.. they won’t even look.. the other shop was busy.. and I’m under a time sensitive load..

I contacted 4 shops.. and succeeded with 1.
    I recently went to another shop.. yesterday and got it readjusted correctly..

Also I OWN my equipment.. not a some bank or third party so if think I will drive it like a mad man.. eat crap!

I pay for every inch of this stretched wheel base.. better yet..

I know some of you are very understanding.. think about it happening to you..

you mention to the mechanic that your airbags are higher than usual.. and he says that it’s fine.. you drive & you grind high gears..

Is it really fine ??

9. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Just strikes me as extremely peculiar for a simple air bag replacement to cause a change in ride height because I (and probably everyone else posting) have never seen or known it to happen.

10. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Only thing I could see is if the air bags were replaced on one axle with the wrong part number.

11. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    I don’t have a dog in this fight so don’t take my reply as anything less than just an observation

But
    There are some on this forum that are haters. Some who will help you out
    My suggestion? And again not pointing any fingers but don’t be so quick to rule any reply’s out
    Some have your best interest and again others maybe not so much

Find the middle and let the rest just fall off
    When you. Or any of us start calling those out who truly want to help us then at some point no one will even bother the next time an issue comes up

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.