Another JB Hunt post. Info on the DCS division?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dzl210, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Dzl210

Dzl210 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2015
    I'm not really a new new driver, but I'm just in my 2 years and have a lot to learn...so figure this is appropriate in this section.

I have worked for JB Hunt in the past, it lasted about 2 months because my "projected earnings" were grossly different than my actual pay. I talked to many drivers thinking the issue was me and I wasn't running fast enough. I was average, even compared to drivers doing this for years, so it wasn't me.

I had no real problems with the company other than that. I called my manager to explain I was leaving for a better job offer and he asked to sit down with me to discuss it. Basically I said I was leaving for a dedicated job making $20/hr and 8hr days. I left on good terms.

Six months later, I get a call from them offering me a dedicated route at $20/hr working every other Saturday for time and a half.

I'm kind of stuck because they're offering me about the same as my current job with much better benefits.

Anything I should know before pursuing?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    It seems like they had you once and couldn't they couldn't live up to their end of the deal. Why would you give them a chance to short change you again?

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  4. Dzl210

Dzl210 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2015
    It was a "projected salary" they gave me for doing their intermodal division. The numbers work for cities that aren't a cluttered mess like Seattle. I do think they're trying to better their company by offering more competitive wages and jobs, but the one I had wasn't it.

Curious what people have to say about the DCS.

5. Dzl210

Dzl210 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2015
    My current company has also cut overtime pay even though we're earning the hours and I'll likely be suing, so there's that.

6. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    If the dcs accounts pays hourly it'll be straight time not time and a half. Each dcs accounts pay is dictated by that dcs account manager. When I did jack in the box dcs for jb a new manager came in and slashed the rates which were already a joke to begin with. I pray to God that jb hunt, Swift, etc comes no where near my current company.

I don't care how well you think jb hunt pays, whatever company they took over was paying higher!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.