Another Loco broker...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dino soar, May 15, 2021.

1. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    So I call on this load and we agree on a rate I fill out the packet and they send me the rate confirmation.

On the rate confirmation it says that I will write on the bill of lading at the time the trailer is loaded if there is damage and if I do not do that then I accept all responsibility for the damage.

So I called the broker back and I say look I've been to this facility a whole bunch of times I'm not allowed on the dock I don't see what they load into the trailer when I loaded they tell me to pull out I have 53-foot of product in front of me I close the doors and I go. I have absolutely no way to verify if anything is damaged. And they also said that I had to verify the count. I said there is no way I can verify the count I don't even think I can see to the front of that trailer it's loaded from the front to the back I don't know that I can climb in there and count even all of the pallets accurately. I told him this is a shipper load shipper count I don't have anything to do with that I'm not on the dock I'm not allowed in the facility.

So he says well you know what that's probably just something copy and pasted don't worry about it man we haul stuff out of there all the time.

I said well if I sign that and something happens I signed the agreement that says I'm responsible for that. I don't agree with that. Please take it out of the rate con. If there's any problem I have cargo insurance but I am not on the dock watching the forklift if he's damaging anything I'm not there counting it no I don't agree to that.

So here's the kicker. He says you know what that's all just too much trouble... you know what we'll just find another carrier.

We've all had things that we've deleted something off of... is it really that much effort to highlight it and hit delete? Apparently for him it is...

And I know you're wondering so it is molo Solutions brokerage.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mototom

Mototom Heavy Load Member

May 7, 2019
    Lmao no you did the right thing.
    He’s saying it’s no big deal cause it’s not his insurance. You bet your bottom dollar he’d try to screw you if there was any damage.

4. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Times like this I’m glad I’m just the low low low man on the totem pole ... just a plain old company driver. Never have to deal with any of this stuff , it can really get goofy out there sometimes when your completely on your own. I’m glad I’m not doing it anymore. Best of luck to you sir.

Dino soar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted