Another Millis' Hand

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Farmer54, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    IMG_1576.JPG DNH in Cedar Springs this morning. @keen98 thanks for the tip on the drop yard at Albany. Saved me some time.

Anyway, got my bol and got back to Albany to scale the load, I had it right but just wanted to check for 40 large.
    Doin' paperwork I noticed this on the manifest. Big snot bubble,,,,,, lolz.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Glad it helped. Really not sure why its not something not put out for everyone to know ahead of time

4. HighwayD

HighwayD Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    I know this is a little bit older of a post but I just wanted to congratulate you on finding a great job. It's always good to hear a success story, especially in the trucking industry. Have fun, my friend.

5. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Thanks @HighwayD . It just feels right, ya know? Made into Cville yesterday about lunch time, a day later than I wanted to. Man, I've never seen that lot so full. Had to make a couple trips around the lot to find a space. Ended up on the training lot where I'll be gone Sunday.
    My sister came down from Blue Ridge to pick me up for Thanksgiving with them. Uuuuugh, I'm wobbling with a food coma and cup of coffee this morning,,,,, best home cooked food in the whole United States of GA. Gonna be tough to leave back out Sunday.

Anyway, hope y'all have had and are having a Happy Thanksgiving. How 'bout that Ole Miss and Mississippi State game last night? Auburn and Alabama tomorrow.

6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Dear LORD that QB's leg looked ugly! Saw the clip on the news...feet ain't s'posed to be turned THAT way! YIKES!:eek:

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I wonder who they’ve pissed off lately. :laughing6:

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  8. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    You ain't liein'. My BiL said something doesn't look right, then we both hollered oh crap when we realized what happened.

9. HighwayD

Nov 15, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    I hear you. You know it probably helps your experience and paycheck having the kind of attitude you do. You mix a good attitude and work ethic with a great company and you can really get a good thing going. Keep us posted. I hope all your loads go smooth and pay high. Have a good one.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  10. Farmer54

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Well hey brotha truckas. Thought I'd add another installment to my insane thought process.
    I'm happy, I'm as happy as that bluebird Uncle Remus talked about. If ya don't know about Uncle Remus just hit me up and I'll tell ya about him,,,,, not very politically correct these days.

Very good day till I hit MKE from the N side "2" hours ago. I've never seen MKE traffic this bad. Dropped in Oak Creek this morning and reloaded in Chilton, WI this afternoon,,, which btw is a really nice place to load. Bound for Oneonta, NY I thought I'd make the first IN service area home for tonight,,,,,,,not. MKE traffic was so bad I got a headache, not just the po'd headache but a real one. Squeaked out S I-41 onto I-94 E and was dreading Windy. 3 hrs left on the clock, bad ### headache, 2 days to make 1000 miles, F it, ain't doin' Chicago tonight. I hope the chicken coop in WI doesn't mind me doing my 10 here, I'm tired.

Other than that, how was yall's Thanksgiving? One of the best I've had in a long time. As I posted before, spent it with my oldest sister in N GA. She catered to me like I was a king or something. She got a little perturbed at her husband and me having beers and watching football all weekend but funny, after a lot of years, Ann and I connected. Mind you we've always been close but something magical happened last weekend. I don't know what it was and I ain't questioning it. All I know is that we text every day now and wants me to get a pass for her to ride with me for a week. That would be a hoot.

I was getting tired hence the depression and bad attitude I mentioned in an earlier post. Thanksgiving weekend with my blood family made all that better. It's been a long time since I sat down with my "seestor" and had a long talk. In fact, I don't reckon I ever have. Yeah, I'm sittin on the side of the road taking my 10 but I'm truly happy now. No other way for me. I have some great Tgiving leftovers that I'm about to heat up, a movie to watch and hop up in about 8 hours to Truck across America and answer to no one, well, 'cept maybe Miss Dianne. ;-)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    Reason for edit: Spelling
    Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  11. HighwayD

Nov 15, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    I'm glad you're feeling better. Just keep doing your thing. It seems like you're doing a great job. Depression is kind of easy to get into as a trucker. It's harder to get out of. Keep those weeks turning and stay up, homie!

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.