another reason england lacks safty

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by chargingbear, Sep 1, 2008.

1. thestreetdream

thestreetdream Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Winterfell
    Exactly. There's no way he could of known what he was doing... :roll:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    Hah... obviously that one didn't, but I wouldn't generalize by age like others. Usually it's a bad idea to stand between the tractor and trailer during coupling, CR England must've forgotten to add that to their drivers' guide.

4. CACressida

CACressida Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Modesto, CA
    It's common sense. When you see a big object coming towards another big object.. GET THE HECK AWAY!! I dunno, I guess that guys time came. Sad.

5. PhilKenSebben

PhilKenSebben Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ocala, FL

I was helping my dad back trailers at 16. Don't think that there is some law where you can't learn anything what so ever about driving a truck until you're an adult. Some of us were fortunate enough to be born into the lifestyle, so we already know a little about the basics. :yes2557:

6. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Hmm, let's see ... when I was 21 I had been driving pneumatic and liquid bulk semis and straight trucks in the oilfield for almost a year and I was also well acquainted with other types of heavy equipment. I don't think the age argument cuts it.

7. PhilKenSebben

PhilKenSebben Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ocala, FL

Ding ding ding. :biggrin_25519:

8. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I agree.

Back in the day when I was associated with high performance cars,
    one engine builder excelled at rebuilding and tuning Holley four barrel
    carbs.
    Come to find out, the actual engine builder didn't rebuild or tune them ---
    his 13 year-old son did, and had been since he was 11 years-old.

I think that kid could even do it blindfolded.

9. forgotten1

forgotten1 Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2008
    corcoran, ca
    We are talking about an OTR company, you have to be 21 to driver interstate. So the chance a 21 year old had experience was doubtfull

1 year of experience isn't a whole lot. I've got 4 and there are still lots of guys out there that have backed up more miles then I've driven forward.

10. CACressida

CACressida Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Modesto, CA
    Alright, that does it! McLane distribution center, Nicholasville, KY. Guy in an England truck straightup smashes my driver side mirror. Now I got to get my door repainted and a new mirror arm and mirror assembly casing has to be replaced.

This just pisses me off. Come on ppl, rookies or not, Get Out And Look if your unsure about where the hell your trailer is going. Don't be lazy! :biggrin_25510:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
  11. kaiwren986

kaiwren986 Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    My dad used to be a supervisor at Prestone back in the day, and a similar thing happened. A driver back down the ramp to his trailer, and either didnt set the brake, or the brake somehow failed to work properly, and as he was hooking his lines up the truck came back and smashed him between the truck and trailer. I think he ended up under pinned between the trailer and 5th wheel.

Sadly he lived long enough to be rushed to the hospital, my dad had to go with, mangled mess he said. So.. always be careful I guess. I always double check EVERYTHING I do :)

AfterShock Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.