Another Sirius Radio question.....

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Luggnut, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Luggnut

Luggnut Light Load Member

May 1, 2013
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Thinking of getting Sirius. I was checking out their website and if I read it right, I can get the all access plan for 199 a yr. They also say that they have an app for the ios so you can listen anywhere. Am I reading this right? Dont need to buy any hardware? Anyone out there using this app? How does it work? Are you happy with it? I can also access music from my pc at home? No other fees?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tml0803

tml0803 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2013
    if you use the app, it uses huge amounts of data, and even warns you when you open the app. I would only use the app if I was connected to wifi. As for at home, listening through the computer is great. If you are getting it for the truck, just get one of the portable radios from Sirius and if your truck factory radio system has an auxiliary jack, use that instead of the FM transmitter, that way you never have to search for a station to broadcast your Sirius through. Also, the truck stops carry an antenna that connects to your outside mirror, like the CB antennas do, my husband found that they were better than the little magnetic antenna that comes with the radio.

I love my satellite radio, you always get your favorite stations no matter where you are. Hope this helped you!

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    why would you buy an fm transmitter when the radio already transmits over the fm waves.

but like you said. radio stations can override your signal. the aux jack is the only way to go. i have a splitter. so i can plug my phone in instead of swapping the cable.

i don't have a problem with my antannae.

5. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    those antenna are cheaper elsewhere. They can be found online. I paid $30 roughly. Excellent reception.

6. Casual Trucker

Casual Trucker Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I Don't Like this company (Sirius)
    But the best way to sign up with this company is with a walmart credit card
    It was so hard to get rid of these people when I signed up with my bank card
    They are a major pain in the neck to get rid of.
    If you decide to stop the service
    They will tell you all you got to do is call us & They will Cancel it.
    But They are full of it.

7. Ranger Bob

Ranger Bob Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Personally I think the service is way overpriced now since the merger, and they have cut back on channels too. If you dicker with them a bit or threaten to cancel then they will knock it down to around $120 a year or so......their special "new listener" promo pricing......then next year when it's time to renew you have to do the same thing again. Don't let them talk you into auto-pay program either, they like adding stuff on. Just pay as you go for what you order!!

Having said all that I'd be lost without it, it really does help pass the time!! It might get better when Liberty Media Corp. finishes buying them out!!

8. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    I know what you mean by that bc I had my crew down in San Antonio on Sprint direct talk while I was OTR,and when I went to leave that carrier,it took an act of congress( not this Congress,bc they do nothing lol) but they just kept charging me even after I canceled. What a headache to deal with a company like that,they want to squeeze every dime.

My sirius radio died last night and so I went to trade it in and I'm dreading calling them bc you are transferred to a foreign country and I only speak English,so it's a dreadful conversation to try and get them to "boot up" the new radio.:biggrin_25512:

9. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    When your renewal is up, call to cancel. The salesperson will then negotiate a lower rate to keep you subscribed. I just signed up for another 6 months for $25.

10. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    Absolutely right. They are pure scum. IF I were to sign up with them again there is no way I'd use one of my credit cards as it's a major pain in the rear to cancel. They use teaser rates to get you sucked in then jack up the price or make you jump through hoops to quit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.