Another Watkins Shepard Thread

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by harley4life, Sep 16, 2008.

1. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca

BOOOO:biggrin_2553: HOOOOO :biggrin_2553::biggrin_2553::biggrin_2553::biggrin_2553::biggrin_2553::biggrin_2553::biggrin_2553:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. msmspilot

msmspilot Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2008
    North Mississippi
    We're sitting just outside Portland. Can't deliver until Monday morning. Then a quick run up to Kent to drop the rest of the trailer. We would have delivered here yesterday, but the weather slowed us down and we couldn't get in until after they closed.

I hope they can run us over to Missoula. After running across the country twice, we have a list of little (and not so little) things to get the shop to look at.

4. LightBulb

LightBulb Light Load Member

Man i hope you guys get out of sfs soon. that place can be a black hole.
    there were about 15 drivers when i was there last week but i got out in 34 hours.
    I ran 3300 last week but this week has been much slower...only about 1800 this week.I think most shippers worked thru christmas and are getting drunk new years week...Ive been hearing lots of rumors but just rumors of big transport companies filling bankruptcy jan 1...To me that means freight should pick up for us. Shippers seem to think we are a little more reliable from the ones ive talked to...Right now im sitting on 77 at the va,NC border.Taking my time to deliver. had a layover new years, then this load had a late pick up time and they ate up my 14 loading the truck, had to actually make different parts of the order. i guess dog food is still in high demand and i have strick del time monday evening. As we all know it doesnt take 4 days to drive 850 miles but at least im under load for the weekend and the company is making money.if your in sfs tell David your willing to wait it out till wednesday if he can get you east and get yourself a sure fire 2500 in by sunday. good luck guys and make sure you have a DD. ;)

5. Java Joe

Java Joe Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Hey guys,

Yea, I'm stuck here in SFS for the weekend as well, but only because they gave me 6 days to run 1100 miles :biggrin_2554: I could have been there Friday to deliver but they were booked so I have to sit and drive up early Monday morning. A little more than 1000 miles in one week really sucks. Sure have been doing more sitting than driving these last few holiday weeks. Hopefully things will pick up now that the holidays are coming to an end. I miss those 3000+ mile weeks :biggrin_25525:

Anyways, back to watching the playoffs. Be safe out there all.

6. boughtout

boughtout Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Livonia, MI
    Anyone having trouble getting a hold of dispatch? I am on home time, truck is in Georgia, and can't seem to get a hold of Krissey.....

7. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    And this is new?? Keep trying, it could take awhile.

8. boughtout

Jun 13, 2008
    Livonia, MI
    LOL! Not really new. Just wondering. Funny thing is, she isn't returning voice mails....

9. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    She never returned VM when I left them. Go around her, call Vince.

She's got a huge area to cover.

How is it, you're in MI and your truck is in GA ?

10. boughtout

Jun 13, 2008
    Livonia, MI
    They had me ride up with another driver for my home time. Didn't have 2 loads coming out of Dalton to this hole.

11. dancnoone

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Daaaamn. :biggrin_2555:

Well since you have no QC. You'll have to keep hammering them on the phone. It's just me, but I would be talking to anyone I could get ahold of. Otherwise, you may be there awhile.

Or, call the Taylor terminal. See if they have anyone loading out headed that way (GA).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.