Antenna Analyzer

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by jdchet, Jan 2, 2021.

1. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Bazed on your pic....The resistence # is a tad low but no biggie if not dead on at 50 ohms...The resonance is off a good bit so work that bugger up to a zero..Watch that return loss get higher (higher is better,sounds wrong but its not)and swr drop a bit..
    Those #'s can change with how clean the connection of mount to truck,coax connection(how well coax is attached to the pl259)coax and pl259 itself,where ant is mounted,angle of ant on mount,ant stud....That analyzer opens up a whole new world..
    ENJOY!!

jdchet Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jdchet

jdchet Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    I definitely have some work to do! I'm told I may be getting a new Volvo real soon so I don't
    want
    to go too crazy with this truck!

4. jdchet

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    My phone hates posting on this site!JD

5. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Yeah a new volvo...With all the areo stuff on the mirrors you might have a mounting issue....The coax is/was in pieces,you will need some ground straps and your gonna have a duplexer down behind the stereo somewhere....If you can swap out the factory ant for a skip shooter(drivers side) and the passenger side is for stereo..Not sure if its ment for both cb/stereo...
    Consider running 1 coax for one antenna for drivers side..Factory antenna stud is junk to by the way..

6. jdchet

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    Already running a Skipshooter with dedicated coax on a bird perch. Probably will stay with that when the time comes!JD

7. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Careful with the bird perch..Wind hits ant and can over tighten the perch and "can" strip out that bolt hole..
    Atleast you have a dedicated coax and a nice ant..AND a great analyzer..

jdchet Thanks this.
  8. MNTSIDE

MNTSIDE Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2021
    just bought one myself, have you figured it out yet?

9. jdchet

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    Weather hasn't cooperated for fiddling with the antenna. I'm going to redo the whole setup when things get a bit warmer. It pays to read and watch videos on antenna setup. @craig_sez has some good videos regarding antenna setup and using an analyzer.

JD

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.