Anther cascadia antenna issue

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by TAC_Sisco, Apr 15, 2017.

1. TAC_Sisco

TAC_Sisco Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2017
    i have a 2016 cascadia, with the mirror mount. I have it and a 2 sererate wilson antennas. One 5 ft cut to tune and a 3 foot tune tip. I had no luck with the 5 footer and the 3 footer is better but still high on the swr. On the 3 footer I have the swr to about 3 on Ch 1 and 3.5 on channel 40. I can't get it any lower. Now if I touch the antenna while testing or transmitting it's between 1 and 1.5 on 1 and 40 respectively. Do I need to add a ground? Or do do I need to try a different setup or a different mount location?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Odd behavior like that is usually a sign of an improper ground at the antenna end. Your antenna is using the coax and power wires to try to find ground.

rabbiporkchop and bored silly Thank this.
  4. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    All the amp/linear builders will tell you to ground everything and then do some more grounding.. On a crapcadia get a ground strap or ground wire on the driver side door to the frame of the truck at the very least... make sure you have lock washers on the mirror mount bolts and crank those bolts down as tight as possible there is play in the bolt to actual mirror mount itself.. your talking about a piss poor grounded trk. It's all fiberglass sheet metal and plastic in those trks. IN OTHER WORDS THEY SUCK !!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.