Anti-Theft methods for truck and trailer (or both)

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by The_Judge, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    ))) and put some mines around)))

it sounds funny but militaries on east of Ukraine use signal mines. They do not kill ore injure but bang is loud ore thiese mines start bright signal rocket)))

I know one guy who used it in his yard) He was arrested for use of army equipment)) But thief was arrested too!) LOL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    A valve on the fuelline.
    Simple

4. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Thats what I do to my personal vehicles at home. I have satellite trackers in all of them,.. but what good will that do me 1000 mi from home? So I have battery kill switch, fuel pump kill switch and shut off valve in the fuel line. No one will be driving them away,. thats for sure.

Sadly,.. my Columbia is completely unprotected. I keep meaning to do something when I'm home, but I keep putting it off.

Hurst

icsheeple Thanks this.
  5. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    ayyyy.... former soviet counties are different world ! crazy, funny, interesting, dangerous ! it's a life full of adrenaline !

6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    do not let it unprotected. Take off ignition relay from fuse box and take it with you home.

Hurst Thanks this.
  7. kutscher007

kutscher007 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Y, You are right. But when You do this, it would have one site effect. You would loose the air. I am not sure about the compressor. Maybe it would not build up the air this fast.
    What do You think would it be possible to build up the air faster like it escapes?

8. kutscher007

kutscher007 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    This is right, but you would destroy the valve and the air would leak. Or what do You think?

9. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    try to pull the air knobs on your truck vary hard. It will come out without damaging the valve. did not happen to you?
    You sleep in the truck and weak up from engine noise. The next truck moves forward but you feel like your truck is the one that moves back and you instinctively pull them vary hard..))) happened to me many times.

10. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    If I had to lock everything up I would move. We even leave the keys in our trucks at the shop, no fence around it either. They have been doing it since '78 and never had anything stolen.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  11. Chris50

Chris50 Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Florida
    Heres an easy way to setup a kill switch. Start truck, if yours is similar to mine you have several in-line fuses at the battery bank. Pull fuses one at a time till truck cuts off. Put a hidden switch on the wire that turned the truck off. I found this on mine by accident but im guessing its the starter relay power wire or maybe not since the truck still cranks???? The wire i did it to on mine will let the truck crank but it will never start.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.