Any Bedbuggers around here. Have a Question

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by kemosabi49, Nov 29, 2020.

1. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Glad he decided against using them.

When I used a "moving company" to move fr Az to Tx in 2012, before I got into trucking, I got screwed by some clowns like this.

I originally bought a 28ft enclosed trailer to load our stuff in and haul with my F350. Ended up having way more stuff than the truck/trailer could handle. Said screw it and found a moving company. They asked me if I had enough room for a semi truck, which I did. A day later 2 scruffy ### Eastern European mofos show up in a tandem axle box truck with no name or DOT #, that was already half loaded with someone else's ####. They got about 3/4 of my stuff in their truck and go "ok see you in Houston tomorrow". Im standing there going "hold the F on, Im not gonna be in Houston for atleast 2 days. I have to take 2 trucks hauling 2 other trailers". They throw a fit, Im on the phone with some ##### telling me they have a schedule, she doesn't understand the problem. I tell them they can do whatever they want, I wont be in Houston for atleast 48hrs see you then.

So we get to the new place, and these clowns show up the next morning. Before anything they demand another thousand dollars in cash or they'll leave with my stuff. Now Im pissed. I dont have a grand in cash on me, I have to find a credit union that works with mine in Az. They finally settle for $600 and unload my ####. At that point I was ready to shoot both these pricks and bury them somewhere.

After getting into trucking, I figured out that I originally booked with some scumbag broker who just farmed my load out to the cheapest bidder. I warn everyone I can to use a large name moving company even if the rate sounds high. Because these no name #### birds will screw you over. I know over the last few yrs the fmcsa and dot has cracked down on this pos people, but they're still out there.

d281833 and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some guy, with lots of money, tried to go the cheap way with a moving company.
    His hand crafted furniture, made in Germany, disappeared.

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    US Pro Moving and Logistics Year 2020 Complaints

Operating Authority 2
    Insurance 1
    Shipment Documents 21
    Estimates/Final Charges 28
    Weighing 5
    Holding Freight Hostage 6
    Pickup and Delivery 17
    Loss and Damage 4
    Claim Settlement 13
    Consumer Complaint(Deceptive Business Practices) 34

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Someone will PU your furniture and someone will deliver it, but not always the same truck will do both. Especially small loads. A full houseload that fills a 53' trailer will get delivered on the same truck, but those small pick-ups will get tossed into a warehouse and even "interlined" by major carriers. It's about space on the trailer being utilized. They do the same thing with cars. Most people don't ask questions to the moving co and the moving co doesn't volunteer info to the customer. Most wouldn't even notice it's a different truck delivering VS the truck that picked it up. I see ads daily on CL for helpers to help unload an incoming truck. I mean these people could be homeless bums coming into your home under the guise of being an employee. The customer MUST inventory your goods.....stuff gets mixed with other peoples stuff on the trailer. Take pictures even on the trailer !

7. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Our first move, the bass tards wouldn't leave the property until I paid the upcharge for what they're "estimate" didn't include. What a scene that affair turned out to be.

We used Bohrens the second time and it was seamless. Young Russian dude and his father. For their size, I was extremely impressed with their ability to move large objects. I made sure I was polite and professional, lol.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's horrible!
    Holding Freight Hostage, means, give us some cash or you don't get your stuff.

9. kemosabi49

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    FMCSA has a webpage that anyone thinking about hiring professional movers should check out.

Search for a Registered Mover | FMCSA

stuckinthemud, Chinatown and spindrift Thank this.
  10. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    I've been beduggin' now 46 years. Had an uncle no more than 160 lbs, that could lift and move anything. There's a right way and wrong way to lift. You get 2 guys that know how to use a set of straps and you'll just shake your head in awe.

11. kemosabi49

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Talked to my brother and he got the payment stopped and the contract cancelled. I told him that Penske rents their trucks one way with unlimited mileage and are pretty reasonable. He checked it out and can rent a big enough truck for @$1750, all in except gas. It seems we had talked earlier about me coming up there at the end of January. Well, now it looks like I may be driving that truck up there.

loudtom and d281833 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.