any current Celadon driver

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by maximusskipp, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Freshy

Freshy Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Sorry, but yeah I am at the one just down the street from the main terminal here in Indianapolis. My room window looks right out on the street.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ds86

Ds86 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2014
    palm coast, fl
    Cool, actually some really good people there.. if John, Jim and Brian are still there, they are pretty awesome at what they do! We went through quality about this time last year

4. cnote

cnote Bobtail Member

May 30, 2011
    glen spey ny
    headed there tomm. they call last minute and say that they don't have any flatbeds for a month, and want me to pull a van untill they get one... not sure about that

5. Freshy

Freshy Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2015
    John Jim and Brian are still here, and yeah they are pretty awesome.

6. ThePsychotics

ThePsychotics Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Pembroke Pines, Florida
    We were looking into schooling (would be going to Laredo if we did) is this a good company to start with schooling wise and do new teams make enough to survive on more than just Ramen? We don't have bills aside from a cellphone and are more than willing to stay out for extended times (home life is a bit sketchy right now with family thinking terrible things about trucking) so we are hoping to at least be able to pull 800$ a week minimum between each other. Would this be doable once we were out of orientation?

7. Freshy

Freshy Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2015
    In a word, no, you won't be making 800 apiece right out of orientation as a team. That is not how the training process works. As a newly hired trainee fresh out of orientation, you will each be paired with a trainer for your first 10,000 miles. Pay rate for trainees is 18 cents a mile, which will be just enough to cover a cell phone bill, food on the road, and personal hygiene. As an example, I've run about 2800 miles in my first eight days, which includes three days' home time for my trainer. At 18 cents a mile, that's $504. You can add $125 in orientation pay to it, then subtract taxes. Make sure you get your loyalty cards at the truck stops so you don't have to add up to $20 a pop for a shower to your expenses.

Once you clear the training period, you can run as a team on your initial contract for either 15 or 18 cents per mile apiece, depending on the length of your contract. You can add 3 cents a mile on all miles just by going over 17,000 miles in a month as a team (that is, not as individuals). Also, teams get paid on all miles, not just the miles the truck runs. At 15 cents per mile, the truck would need to run 6000 combined miles to clear $900 apiece in a week before taxes. At 18 cents per mile (or 15+3), the truck would need to run 5000 combined miles to clear $900 apiece before taxes. At 18+3 cents a mile, the truck would need to run 4300 combined miles to clear $903 before taxes.

You do get bumped to 21 cents per mile with the 3 cent bonus still in place as a team after that initial contract. You also get breakdown, layover, detention, vacation, etc. pay as a company driver, but not as a trainee, lessee, or owner operator.

i hope this helps.

8. Freshy

Freshy Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Well it won't let me edit it from my phone, but I meant to say that you get paid on combined miles as a team, and not just on the miles one of you drives.

9. Nomad-01

Nomad-01 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Is Celadon better then CRST?

10. XCELERATIONRULES

XCELERATIONRULES Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Celadon has treated me well,but it requires a positive attitude.
    Once you gain your managers trust,expect 5-7 k weekly mileage,for a team,right about $1000 gross.
    I send 80% of my pay home,so I live on $200 per week max,for food etc,counting money needed for expenses,like tolls not paid with easy pass.
    My crappy team mate and his poor driving,cost me a $750 over weight ticket...Celadon is taking it out $50 weekly..acceptable.

11. XCELERATIONRULES

XCELERATIONRULES Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Ive gotten old canadian trailers,without air ride,a few times,but for the most part,all Celadon equiptment is 3 years old or less.
    I dont know how you guys drive old equiptment..pulling a lever,to slide tandems sucked...couldnt do it every day.
    Ill take a few cents less to drive a new truck and trailer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.