Any feedback on RTI (Riverside Transport Inc.) Lease purchase program?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by InternationalTrucker, Oct 22, 2013.

1. InternationalTrucker

InternationalTrucker Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Dallas,TX
    I was a Owner Operator for 8 years but I decided to change careers about 4 years ago; Needless to say that the way things are going, I am having to go back to the road; Don't take me wrong... I love driving and I am pretty good at it, BUT it hurts to be away from my wonderful wife, who is a nurse and is not willing to change careers (good call). Anyway...Since I was a O/O in the past, It seems pretty hard for me to go and drive to someone else and get into a truck who only God knows what happened inside. For the past week, I have being doing a LOT of research and I read many negative things and few good ones. I live in Dallas, TX and my plan is to run about 2500-3200 miles and head home for about 2-3 days. I got approved to buy a used truck (2007 Freightliner Columbia) from Ryder Used Trucks, but I don't have 8k in cash to give as a Down Payment, just because we just finished a major renovation in my house. Anyway...anyone who knows and have a feedback on RTI and there lease purchase program? Anyone from the Dallas area that knows the lanes that they ususaly run so you can be able to get home here and there? I appreciate any info.

:Transportation cost Drive safe out there. God bless ! :Panel truck:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PeterbiltBound7077

PeterbiltBound7077 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2013
    Hardin, Kentucky
    I just quit RTI day before yesterday. They tell you that if they don't have the truck you want, that you get 10weeks payment free, but if they have the truck youwant, you get a $2, 000 sign on bonus. Don't bother asking for a Kenworth, no one ever gives them up because they're good trucks! I was given a 2012Peterbilt 587 and got "10 weeks free". Well, my dispatcher sent me a text message on Tuesday morning stating that I would be swapping trucks once I got back in Owensboro. They were going to put mein a 2015 ProStar which was fine because it had a cummins and not a max force! BUT, they wanted meto start making payments on the truck immediately! I had only been there a month and I still had 6 weeks left on my "10 free"! Just a week earlier I told Mike,who is the ops manager for Owensboro that I wasn't getting enough miles to make a decent paycheck(over $500.00) and I was given 2 loads back to backthat were 733 miles each. Then it went right back to112, 212 and 333 mile loads! 95% of their loads come from and go to Ragu which is literally right across thestreet from their terminal in Owensboro! Mike told me himself they didn't have very much freight! I told MikeI couldn't afford to make their truck payment of $553.00 a week when I was only bringing home$500.00 a week!! My third check, was for $2, 663.00 out of that check I only got $514.00! They deduct somuch, you're pretty much paying to work for them! I never signed a lease thank goodness, or I would havebeen screwed!! My suggestion, STAY AWAY FROMRTI!

4. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    What about riverside transportation? They are under the same umbrella I believe (owner's father owns hirschbach I think) but they run garage doors for amarr

5. SteeringWheelHolder411

SteeringWheelHolder411 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Chicago
    Tom owns Hirschbach. I'd sooner go to Hirschbach over RTI. I'm currently with Hirschbach

6. roadhammer123

roadhammer123 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Springfield, Ma. area
    If you live in the northeast don't do it if you want to see home & make ok money more horror stories then title given out at the end

7. Quincyfielding

Quincyfielding Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2017
    I'm a driver with rti i tried the lease and wasn't getting the miles to have a decent check i switch to company and i been making way more , rti as a company is great , I'd just stey away from the lease that's with any company, your basically paying for a truck for them , anything else u wanna know just ask me

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.