Any gay friendly training companies?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by gaytrucker, Sep 21, 2011.

1. bulletproof77

bulletproof77 Medium Load Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Victorville, CA
    And what does being in a union have to do with ANY of this ? The OP originally started out wanting to know if there were "gay friendly" companies. What he failed to understand was to keep his sexuality out of any job. Why should any company accommodate anyone's sexual preference's ? Mine sure doesn't..It's pretty simple, work, get paid and keep your sex life out of it. The OP seems to think we/or the trucking industry should make special accommodations because he wants everyone to know he is gay. Big deal. I don't know about you, but when I interview for a job, no one has ever asked me whether I lean to port or starboard. And for you to condemn the industry or people as "hateful" simply because they disagree is just as narrow minded. You cannot have it both ways. And again, what does my being in a union have to do with anything ? We don't offer any bias, nor special programs because of anyone's sexual preference. We don't even ask, nor do we care.

AfterShock, BNR32 and deadeyedick Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 7122894003481

7122894003481 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Unions love to play the discrimination card. Its hard to fire a black, gay, or any other type of minority as it is. Unions love to pull the discrimination card. Come to work drunk and get fired? Discrimination, you were fired because youre black!

Its all BS.

4. popmartian

popmartian Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    In 2003 the United States Supreme Court ruled 6-3 in favor of decriminalizing Sodomy.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/judicial/2003-06-26-scotus-sodomy_x.htm

Same-Sex Marriage winds it way to the U.S. Supreme court

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/same-sex-marriage-cases-wind-their-way-to-supreme-court-as-political-climate-changes/2011/09/25/gIQABW03wK_story.html

Political verses Religious. Gay Men and Women are free to openly hold hands and are protected by anti-hate crimes. So what is next? Christians OPENLY oppose gay marraige. but as the supreme court has become more liberal so will the laws governing our nation. Will the Church be forced to recognize Gay marraige?

The winds of change....

[​IMG]

captw900 and AfterShock Thank this.
  5. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I tried not to reply to this thread but I just gotta say it....as its the main reason the OP started the thread.

Its just another case of gays pushing their agenda...this agenda is everywhere, on the net, on TV shows, in the news...its pathetic.

While I'm at it I might as well tell what I think about gays...I think their mind is broken. Its not that I hate them, I don't...but at the same time I do not like all this "its OK to be gay" BS (that is their agenda BTW)...its not OK, not by any stretch of the imagination...its just not the natural order of things, plain and simple.

That opinion is not based on religion or politics...its based on the way nature designed us and why we were designed that way (reproduction).

So, with that said...being gay is simply sick minded lust, to call it anything else is just plain naive and pointless.

Probably not what many of you wanted to hear...but thats the way I see it.

I have had to work with a few gays (before I started driving)...and there was one I could almost like. His name was Johnny and his partner was Jeffery (I despised Jeffery...a person simply cannot be gay and claim to be a Christian IMO)...Johnny was just an old redneck though...

My first day on that job (small factory job), those 2 had been there a while...they were ummm...I guess you'd call it flirting with each other during break time...and me being who I am...I stood up right there in front of everybody and told them if they were gonna act like that to do it when I didn't have to see it (I used much harsher terms)...it was about that time that I learned about Johnny's nickname....which was "Fighting ### Johnny", we tore that break room all to pieces, one of the damnedest fights I've ever been in (and I've been in a few)...musta lasted 15 minutes (seemed like 2 hours), when it was over...we were both exhausted, and had gained a little respect for each other (no clear winner in this one...we both ended up lookin pretty rough)

Turns out ole Johnny had spent 10 years in prison, and was no pushover...but then neither am I. Johnny was the only reason I didn't get fired, he spoke up for me...I worked there for 2 years after that. I got along with Johnny, but my opinion never changed and he knew that...and they didn't behave that way in plain sight anymore.

Why did I almost like ole Johnny? Because he never pushed his agenda...hell, I don't think he even had an agenda....but thats not true of most gays.

The moral of that story...show a lil respect for my way of thinking, and I'll do the same for you...just don't expect me to change my mind.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
    captw900, KE5WDP and AfterShock Thank this.
  6. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Bulletproof: The point of bringing up your union membership is, you have certain rules set out that you and your union brothers have to follow. Some of those rules include issues that may not be discussed on the shop floor. Similarly, there are strict rules as to how management is allowed to deal with you...specific procedures. There are certain protections in place for all workers, largely due to early work on the part of unions. Those protections have been expanded to include more than just those who started it. I was not digging on you for being a member. But, like usual, you completely missed the point in your rush to defense.

Additionally, nowhere did I condemn the entire industry as being full of hateful people. Are there some among us? Absolutely. Just listen to your CB for a couple of hours. If you don't find hate in things like, "Shut up, ya dumb n*****, just like a ******* c*** to come up with something like that. Shoulda never brought ya over." Or in, "You can't possibly know where you are. You're just a dumb*** broad. Shut your pie hole afore I stuff something in it. You oughta be home in the kitchen cooking dinner and making babies. Why are you taking a man's job?" .....You don't think that's hateful? How about physical violence against someone because the person doing the violence doesn't like something about the victim? Is that not hateful?

While things like this do not happen often, they do happen. And, since it usually stems from a deep negative emotion somewhere between fear and rage, it could be considered hate. Whether you want to admit it or not, people like that exist. Our industry has its own percentage of them. That is not to say the entire industry is that way. It's not. But enough people in it are, that we are aware of our surroundings and watchful of those around us.

My question that was directed to the O/P was....does he want to simply go to work and do his job? Or does he want to make a big issue out of who he is and stir up those people around us who are capable of such deep rage that it is, in fact, hate.

If he wants to hold hands with his partner, I'm not going to tell him he can't. Walking through the parking lot when he is fiinished with his work day, on his way to dinner and showing affection for a person he loves has absolutely no bearing on his ability to perform the tasks necessary to his job. He is off the clock and not at work. Therefore, people saying his sexuality does not belong at work is true. But he, just like you, is entitled to do what he wants with his own time, as long as it will not affect his work...which would be to safely, efficiently and punctually conduct a large vehicle from a specific origin to a specific destination without damaging its contents or anybody else's property.

You are entitled to shake your head, stare, roll your eyes, or whatever other action it is that makes you feel better. But you are not entitled to call him names, belittle him or commit violent physical acts on him, regardless of how much his stance flies in your face. If you don't want to see him behaving a certain way and what he's doing has no affect on you, close your curtain. Then you won't have to see it.

(Much of the preceding was not directed at Bulletproof personally. Only the discussion over union membership was directed at him.)

The O/P needs to understand he is considering entry into a field in which the majority of participants have conservative values. Very few will change their values to suit him. He does not have to tolerate assault, battery or malicious mischief. However, he needs to know he and his partner may draw stares and dirty looks from other people. It's his choice to make. Will he simply ignore it and get on about his evening? Or will he confront it and create a big issue? My advice is to ignore it. He will not change others from who they are and what they believe any more than they will change him.

AfterShock and silentlysailing Thank this.
  7. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Lol, the first time I read that I thought it said "union gay"

####, they done got a leader. :)

No wonder nobody can find Hoffa. He's wearing a wig and a dress. :)

8. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Teamster driver told me one time, it's not gay if you are under way.

9. captw900

captw900 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    buffalo,Ny
    Is their a heterosexual freindly company?

10. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Not anymore unless you stay away from the pickle parks.

11. silentlysailing

silentlysailing Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2010
    DFW, TX
    I agree with what Injun stated above. I feel you love who you love. So be it. At work you are to work and it should be no big deal. Personal time, you spend with whomever you are happiest with. Whether it is a best friend, or partner/spouse.

Injun Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.