Any info on barr nunn?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by RussianBearTruckeR, Aug 13, 2021.

1. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    @Chinatown any info on barr nunn going to speak with recruiter also looking into ltl (estes, abf, averritt) out of dayrona Beach fl but jacksonvile is nearby close to 2 years safe unrestricted otr driving including winter experience on the west coast won't chain though, life's too precious... current issue with reefer otr company is not getting the miles I was promised which equates to a minimum of over 11k a month (I stay out 2 months home for 4 days run off recaps 500+ daily miles ideally) would prefer a freightliner had bad computerized breakdown experiences with the paacar network and wouldn't want to be restricted of there's a breakdown and currently the tractor assignment dept failed to do their job of flowing up and calling the shops to send s mechanic to thoroughly inspect a tractor and make sure the engine, electrical, opti idle, ac heat, cleanliness etc are working before releasing it to a driver...these people are paid salary or by the hour there's no excuses for them not to do this. Unfortunately for me I've dealt with 4 turnovers with trucks within a few weeks and had to move my truck belongings from truck to truck and experienced great downtime and frustration all due to a paid personnel guy not doing his job and looking down on drivers...hell without drivers the guy wouldn't have a #### job...anyways was seeing what he heard and maybe there's a solo company driver on here I can ask a few questions have no issues mentioned their name truck number to recruiter...is there layover pay? Weekly avg miles? Where are the terminals or drop yards? Barr nunns website states after your 21 day run you drop the truck at their facility and they either fly or get you a rental to get you home but this cuts into your hometime? So I was wondering whats the closest drop yard or terminal you can park near jackaonville or Florida? Thanks ltl I'm considering or a local tanker job I have all my endorsements and twic card...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    If you have 2 years driven and need something better? Ask @Dave_in_AZ to put you to work. He drives for landstar and will run you if you want it. Tho you will get more than enough to own the truck he signs you onto

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  4. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Won't do 1099 only w2 with benefits but thank you approaching 2 years

Rocks and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Turning it down before knowing what goes with it? Up to you if you dont want $8000 per week income,

6. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Barr Nunn...
    I almost went to work for them.
    Driver who referred me and most of recruiting all indicated. Company is very cooperative. Works things out. Lotsa short runs. But you make good money for that.

When it came down to my showing up. Recruiter made it obvious. This Is not a driving job. It’s a flying job. You can only bring with you what you can carry on an airplane.
    Besides... now you gotta take the death injection to fly.

7. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina

A flying job?? can you elaborate?

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG]
    I'd go with a line haul job with an LTL outfit. You can start banking money for a comfortable retirement or buy a nice home.
    Estes Express LInes has a terminal in Jacksonville.
    5414 Broadway Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32254
    • Must reside within 75 miles of the domiciled terminal and/or work assignment

9. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    Davis Express | P.O. Box 1276 - 5270 SE 131st Street - Starke, FL 32091 | PH 800-874-4270

Davis Express

What areas do you run?
    Approximately 95% of our total fleet miles are ran within the states of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina, with less-frequent runs in the remaining lower southeastern states.

towtrucker and RussianBearTruckeR Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Living out of a suitcase can get old fast.

Capacity, bzinger, Speed_Drums and 4 others Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Rogers Cartage in Jacksonville should be a good job. Tanker companies pay the same for loaded & empty miles. This works out well because approximately 50% of the miles will be empty. I've deadheaded from California or Seattle to Tennessee and it paid the same as loaded miles.
    1160 Eastport Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32218
    • Class A CDL (Required)
    • X Endorsement (Required)
    • Tractor-trailer: 1 year (Preferred)
    Rogers Cartage Co is Seeking Company Drivers to haul liquid tankers!
    Get paid for what you do! Up to .64 and .71 per mile depending on whether you choose Regional/Dedicated or System/OTR !
    $2000 Sign On Bonus

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.