Any info on Martin Brower?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by thermokings, Apr 14, 2017.

1. thermokings

thermokings Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2017
    There's a local Martin Brower, and they do mcdonalds. Now, being a new driver, will you work every weekend? I'm trying to avoid weekends. Also, how long will new drivers be on call for? I did a quick search and some new drivers were quitting because they werent getting enough hours. I guess being on call, they'll just call you when there's work, and let you sit for days if there's no work. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thermokings

thermokings Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Flybynight, thanks for the link, I don't really like Glassdoor because they require you to make an account and login after the first page. But from just reading the first page, looks like martin Brower is not for me, after all.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  4. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I believe you will work weekends and you will be on the extra board.

thermokings Thanks this.
  5. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Yes you will work weekends and holidays and for at least a few years. Thats every single food company out there. In the food service industry nothing is given to you, you earn everything including weekends off.

Odd that theyre not getting enough hours, every single food company has more than enough hours to jam down your throat

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. Kohltrain

Kohltrain Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2016
    My experience at the Martin Brower Stockton, Ca D.C....Nights, weekends, holidays, layovers, on-call extra board, new drivers stuck mainly on Chipotle routes hand trucking everything into stores at night. Lots of work in the summer, was left sitting at home for 3 weeks in April of 2015 with no work available, I moved on.

Mooseontheloose and Mike2633 Thank this.
  7. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I just saw these guys for the first time delivering to a McD's in Portales just last night. I might check them out while I ponder this YRC team thing. Not really big on the team thing despite the pay, and nights/weekends with a food delivery doesn't seem to bother me.
    I'm back from running a bunch of dairy loadings to a slow week where I'm just picking up the leftovers again. Feast/famine, yada,.etc

Mike2633 and carramrod32 Thank this.
  8. Pims

Pims Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2018

9. Pims

Pims Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2018

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.