Any info Sage driving school

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by gregordrives, Oct 21, 2008.

1. JWinNC

JWinNC Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Mills River, NC
    It's a PTDI school. Call the school and ask them if they have an agreement with an area hotel. There were two students who had to stay in a hotel during the week for school in Spindale, NC at the one I went to and they went back home on Fridays after class for the weekend. The school had a discount rate agreement with the Ramada Inn there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MTBound

MTBound Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2008
    savannah,G.A
    Thanks for the reply. So are you saying that you went to the sage school in spindale, nc or batesburg-leesville, sc?

4. JWinNC

JWinNC Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Mills River, NC
    I went to the one in Spindale, NC at Isothermal Community College.

5. rubbergearsnextyear

rubbergearsnextyear Heavy Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Lexington, SC
    MT there's a motel near the school, not a real nice motel but looked decent. They probably have a deal with em for weekly rates while you're in school. Give em a call. There's a few restaurants nearby as well but it's a pretty small town so ya might get bored lol.

6. MTBound

MTBound Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2008
    savannah,G.A
    Thanks for the reply. I went and checked the place out but decided that it wasn't for me. I'm gonna go to a tech school closer to where I live.

7. IronRydr

IronRydr Light Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    JW,
    I'm supposed to start the Sage program at Isothermal next Monday, but just tonight learned that they also have a Sage program at Surry Community College, between Dobson and Yadkinville. Have you heard anything about the Surry program?
    Thanks!
    IronRydr

8. JWinNC

JWinNC Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Mills River, NC
    I don't know anything about Surry, but I'm sure it's in line with other Sage schools. I think they all require the same classroom hours, one on one instruction hours in the truck, and all of that.

You WILL like Isothermal in Spindale if you decide to continue on there. You'll get mountain driving with this school going up Saluda grade on I-26 and going up Black Mtn. on I-40 and foothills driving up and down hills and around curves on US 221 and US 226. You'll also drive around downtown Spindale with all the cars and tight turns that go with "main street driving".

I would bet the Surry school classroom wise would be just as good as the one I went to. The curriculum is probably the same. I don't know if they take you up I-77 there to Fancy Gap and have alot of curvy roads and mountain driving for you to be instructed on. Surry County is where Mt. Airy is isn't it?

You would have to find out. When you go out with a company, this mountain driving in school may be helpful (it was to me) when you go up I-75 into Kentucky, I-80 across PA, I-24 near Chatanooga, TN, etc. etc.

I'm blabbing now, you're probably no better off at one school vs. the other school. I can only speak from experience from going to the Spindale school. I drove for Roehl for 6 months after school and now have a local hourly job driving a truck here in the Asheville area. The two Roehl trainers I had commented on how good my school must have been stating that I was ahead of most new trainees they get from various schools.

You won't go wrong going with a Sage school most likely whether you decide to go to Isothermal or Surry. I used too many words to say that, lol! Anyway, good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.