Any information on averitt express

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by lighting, Nov 17, 2012.

1. lighting

lighting Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Hey i am looking for anyone that can tell me a little about how and what kind of trucking company averitt is.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jsbtrucker

jsbtrucker Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Georgia
    You need to talk to bigmikectn, I am new to averitt as a student and also corysti which are at the averitt orientation thread. They have both been with the company for at least a year.

4. bigmikectn

bigmikectn Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Cleveland, TN
    Lightning...read my thread. It chronicals my adventure with Averitt for the last 11 months. I love it and they have been very good to me. I talk about the good and bad.

5. lighting

lighting Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Thanks brother i was really considering them but i didnt know if they were what they say they are . You know how recruiters are they will tell you anything to get you in. i live in tueplo ms and they have a terminal across from who i drive for can you tell me anything about how that miles and hometime work . i have 2 small children and im the only one that works so as the hometime is very important to me i also dont want to get low miles either.thanks for any info you can give me .

6. corysti

corysti Medium Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    Well look who replies! I've been with the company well over 2 years and while I've had my bad days i've had some really great days and weeks. Averitt was my first trucking company to work for and I actually got my CDL with Averitt. I really love it here and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. They have a good family mentality and we keep the bond strong by having great drivers with good hearts. If you ever come to my terminal hit me up! If your staying the night at the JBO terminal and i'm there and you need something or need to go to wal-mart let me know I'll do what I can...Oh and that goes for both JSB and Bigmike!

7. lighting

lighting Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Thanks for responding . I have drove otr for over 7 years know and the company im with is getting really really slow andhave been for the entire year. I was looking into averitt and loved their benefits on medical. I really like the home every weekend thing but i was concerned with them cutting the miles in order to keep you close to get you home.

8. corysti

corysti Medium Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    Some weeks u get 1800 then some weeks you get 3000....you average around 2200-2400 weekly and you can choose to stay out 2 weeks at a time

9. lighting

lighting Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Can anyone tell me anything about the dollor general account out of indianola ms. I drove for lane furniture and unloaded trailers with multi stops so im kinda use to unloading trailers. Thinking very sirious about going to apply so any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

10. bigmikectn

bigmikectn Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Cleveland, TN
    A guy on this forum, FEWE, left Swift to come to Averitt for that account and he said it's pretty messed up. He quit after just a couple of months. He said he was making good money though.

11. lighting

lighting Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2012
    hey big mike benn reading your thread hoping i would get to talk to you.man it sounds like they treat you very well and thats what im looking for like i said i have driven otr and unloaded furniture in all 48 states but it has gotten very slow and has been since june.so i have been looking hard at averitt for about 3 months now love the benifits package and the home on weekends but i also went to swift in 2005 and i know how recruiters lie to get you in the door and i dont want to go through that agian.thats why i am asking for information and as much as i can get so i can make a choice by jan.thanks for any information you can give me

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.