Any May Lease Ops?

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by justawheelholderfornow, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    I totally disagree. I am a Solo Owner/Op .. I make great Money. After I paid off my May Lease Truck.. I sold her and bought my Dream Truck. A long Nose Pete. 1 week on the road (solo), I make my truck payment ... so don't know where you get yer info ..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    um... now, I dont have the 5 yrs experience you have, but im not broke running solo... you cant put your situation and match it with everyone else. so, im a solo company driver, no kids, no wife, no RENT... i have my phone bill and my car insurance. as long as i wasn't sitting for days, even doing a run over 4 days that should have only taken 2 or 3, i wasn't 'going broke'

Paloma Thanks this.
  4. Joker85

Joker85 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    He's talking bout a lease op blue

5. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    Im glad they screwed around with me that last month i was there. I spoke to them about doing a lease, but that main guy wasn't there. So I told them to get me routed back to brooks so i could meet with him and do the paperwork, thats when I started going back and forth from WA to IL with othello loads. If they had gotten me back to brooks before all the breakdowns I would have been with may for at least another 3 yrs... I guess spending those 2 wks in a hotel opened my eyes lol. for me of course, everyones situation is different ^.^

6. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    I'm going over to JCT in june to lease

7. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    Why are you even thinking lease when you don't have any responsibilities outside of yourself? Save the dough and make a good down payment on a used truck through a dealer. Then you can make whatever modifications you want to YOUR truck. I urge you to reconsider the lease. There is a reason companies offer them, it's not in your favor.

I highly recommend you listen to Kevin Rutherford on the Road Dog channel 106. He is on weekends from 4pm est to 7pm est and weekenights at midnight if you are up. He has a ton of valuable information for people looking to get into being an owner op.

sky king Thanks this.
  8. Joker85

Jul 3, 2010
    Phoenix Az
    I do listen to it and I'm doing this particular lease because its a walk away lease, if I choose its not right for me I walk away and am not obligated to a bank loan. They also pay road taxes, plus I can't get approved for a credit card to save my life. When I go into it in june I will have min 11k saved up. I have 8k saved now. There are certain reasons to lease instead of get a bank loan if it don't work out for me I'll walk away. I know alot of people successful that do leases. I have a fixed income of 200a month so I think I'll do fine if not I learned a lesson

jomar68 Thanks this.
  9. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    I leased/purchased my first truck do to Credit Probs. You do what you have to, to start yer business.

After I paid off my Lease/Purchase ... I sold that truck for a darn good profit (almost 1/2 years Salary). I took part of that money ($13,000) and put it on a down payment from a Dealer, for my Dream Truck .. A Long Nose Pete.

Lease/Purchase is NOT always a bas idea .. Plus at JCT, you really can walk away without the hassel and expense of many companies.

Now my credit is good!

Joker85 Thanks this.
  10. Efon

Efon Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Fort Collins, CO
    Just a thought here, and I'm not trying to be mean, but if you have credit problems how are you going to be able to run a business efficiently? Is it possible? Sure. Having credit problems usually means that you cannot manage your finances well. Working on those credit issues and getting them corrected will be much more beneficial to you then going out and getting a into a lease deal in the long run.

sky king Thanks this.
  11. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    It's a losing battle trying to convince someone who has already made up their mind to do something (like reinventing the wheel) to change course.

I've tried several times to do it...I have 5 kids ;-)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.