Any one have info on Gypsum Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by biggen6776, Dec 2, 2007.

1. gypsumcat88

gypsumcat88 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Wheeling,wv
    i haul flatbed for gypsum express...been there about 2 months and honestly i have nothing bad to say......they keep me rolllin and my dispatcher and i have a great relationship

beaglewv Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. beaglewv

beaglewv Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2010
    wv
    Well shout out to Gypsum drivers. I start two day orientation tuesday 01/18 and very excited. did road test in the big trainer trucks. Huge but was a lot of fun to drive, just need to work on downshifting. Any new news about how u guys r doing at gypsum would be great, i am straight out of school so I will go with a trainer for month or so, but very excited to learn during. Maybe we meet one day on the road. thanks.

4. yarddogmbw

yarddogmbw Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Ohio

New member and this is your 1st post. When did you drive for them?

5. bubbynico

bubbynico Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2011
    demotte,IN
    been with gypsum for 11 years in Indiana, starting wage is 37 cpm, tarp pay, detention, layover pay, safety bonus every year, full benefit package. need a year experience-usually-fairly clean record helps. mostly preloaded, pretarped loads except for backhauls. bottom line is that if you are not lazy its a good job. good days and bad just like every job. terminals in shadyside, OH-carrollton, KY-demotte,IN-baldwinsville,NY-savanah, GA. several more terminals slated to open within the year from what I have been told.

6. driver101

driver101 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2011
    moundsville wv
    att. all drivers do not work for this company, bad managers, dot has them on alert. they do not fix there trucks.....

7. TDriver4Life

TDriver4Life Medium Load Member

did you actually work for them or is what you are saying just speculation?

8. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    According to their cvsa score--they do have an alert on driver fitness-but looks like just a couple of idiots that do not feel like keeping log book up(and probably fired)but not that high=72(alerts@65)
    vehicle maintence is 29--so not sure about not fixing trucks--but IMHO the entire NEW standard for points on equipment is B******T--what were once irrelivent fix it tix or no write at all now=points--marker lite out==7--it's BS
    And considering they are one of the few remaining carriers approved by NYS to haul large combos on NYS Thruway(although dedicated marked trucks)and NYS Thruway authority is even tougher on carriers than Ohio is on Triple approval--I sincerly doubt you are going to see this company in too much maintence trouble and risk their very old lucrative NYS business-----
    Just my $.02

9. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    agreed......

Gypsum has been around for years they would not have hung around this long if they were a bad company especially in a tough upstate NY market where competition is fierce for what little freight that comes out of here...

'olhand Thanks this.
  10. driver101

driver101 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2011
    moundsville wv
    I have worked for them for 2 years, just left and went to tandem trucking, they seem to be a better company. Gypsum just did not keep up with the repairs, wrote up the truck for 8 weeks...still not fixed. I have noticed alot of people have left the company. I was never allowed to use toll roads and take the truck home. I guess every terminal is different..but they are owned by the same guy. In my 2 years I was dot checked about 4 times...logbook was good...but the last 3 came within the last 6 months...so I guess the dot is keeping an eye on them...

11. rebel69

rebel69 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Southwestern PA
    I drove for them a couple years ago hauling wallboard and back hauling whatever they found on the way back to pick up more wallboard. The trucks look nice, but the maintenance sucks. When I went to pick up my truck (an International) all the idiot lights and alarms went off. The techs screwed around with it and couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally they told me to run with it and good luck gettin where you're going. And, they didn't care if you run legal, just drive till you drop and make the deliveries. I was lucky to get one good meal and one shower a week. Not for me!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.