Any Pepsi drivers out there?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Sentinel, Mar 8, 2007.

1. ghost25

ghost25 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2015
    MIdwest
    I guess it depends on the distributor and the trailer. I work for a beer company. Most of the trailers are side bay. They are preloaded but not in order of customer. We have to find the product from the trailer, put it on two-wheeler, roll it in, stock it, and arrange by date.

I guess it depennds

TruckrWnnaB Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    So does anyone know how many more interviews I will have? I have met with the HR department, met with the hiring manager and now, I have to meet with the office manager tomorrow. I wont even be able to use my class A until I can work my way up to one of those positions, I'm just interviewing for the guy that refills the vending machines. Any insight on that particular job from a Pepsi worker?

4. FreightlinerGuy

FreightlinerGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Great Lakes, USA
    I'm not a Pepsi employee, but I used to work for Coke along with Full Service drivers(what Coca-Cola calls the guys who fill vending machines) and I'd rather do that any day versus being a regular route driver..

Dark_Majesty_06 Thanks this.
  5. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Yeah, well im gunning for a position the hiring manager told me about where, the drivers just shoot up to Illinois, load a trailer at the dc, bring it back and do it until their shift is up. So if I can ever finish interviewing, I would just like to get my foot in the door. From my front step to the small Pepsi building, is around 1.5 miles. So I would be out nothing as I could walk to work. Loose weight and save money.

6. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    No Pepsi COKE

COKE COKE COKE COKE

7. SodaDriver

SodaDriver Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Michigan
    Here is a little video I found on Youtube. Not sure if this was done by the company, but if not then well done. I can say this guy is enjoying his job way too much. A little insight as to the job of a delivery driver for all you guys thinking about a job here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjEhb8ra_SI

8. pacman06

pacman06 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2015
    don't waste your time with pepsi. Trust me I worked there for 6 years in dallas..it was decent money made mid 50s. Cost of living in dallas is low. But they work you to death you will work a lot of hours and management is all idiots. I went to coke and it's much better it's hourly out here so I make the same but work almost 10 hours a week less

9. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    EXACT opposite where I'm at. Don't waste your time at coke. They've replaced all their sideloaders with rear loading trucks and they've sneakily started putting large store deliveries onto small store routes. This enabled them to cut their bulk drivers from 40 all the way down to 19! Coke drivers are flocking to Pepsi by the dozen here. And they're making way more than 55. No way I'd do that job for 55 g's

I guess it just proves that every plant, in every area, is totally different.

TruckrWnnaB Thanks this.
  10. pacman06

pacman06 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Thanks for the info. That's crazy how different parts of the country are different. I don't know where your from but it says east coast. So I could understand how 55k would not be as much. But in Texas it's good. More then most people make. And coke dominates the south. But I hear the east pepsi is big. Anyways appreciate the info

11. Trav1289

Trav1289 Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Summerville, South Carolina
    So I have been driving now for about 2 months for Pepsi. As I have said before, what is happening to me will most likely not be Pepsi as a whole. I work Monday through Friday, and I would say I work between 60 to 65 hours during that time. My loads are between 300 to 600 pieces a day, with 8-16 stops a day, and my days are rarely under 12 hours. Being new is half the reason my days are so long, and I don't want to say Im slow, because I try and hustle through my stops as fast as Im able too, running in and out with my stacks, but there I just some things that will come with time to be able to become faster at this job, one of which is being able to look at the pick list once or twice, and know what to grab, other then having to look back at the list 100 times to know what to grab, or thinking you have gotten everything, only to be off by 2 or 3 things, and need to run back out to the truck.

Somethings just add on to your day that even the oldest Vet cant over come, like check in times. Most places have zero problem making you wait 10, 15, sometimes even 20 minuets before they come to check you in, and once they do if a customer comes in might as well have never started because they will run back to the register before you have a chance to say hello. Speaking of hello, I walked into a gas station, and said "Hello" To the lady behind the register, only to be replied with "Dont forget to fill the front two coolers." Now this is not for all places, and I have had some places make customers wait to check me in. We are simply meat to most of these places, they will ask you for the world. "Do this, do that, can you do this?" but in the end wont reciprocate that sentlement when it comes to being concerned about getting us checked in so we can get the H-out as quickly as possible

Now the one thing I want this job to get rid of some how, (I have an idea on how to make it happen also) that would make this job something I would never leave, It would bring my 12, 13 hour days down to 8, 10 hour days the first day it implemented, and that thing would be working the product. This is what makes the day long, some places are great at keeping their shelves full, and all I have to do is throw the stuff in the back, only times I have to fill them is when they simply dont have the product to fill the shelves themselves. But some stores I swear simply refuse to work the stuff, and only relies on the "Pepsi" guy to fill it. Some stores b****, and stand over you making sure its just how they want it, when if they would just let me drop it, and go they can have it JUST HOW THEY WANT IT!

Me working as many hours I do, my work/life balance is very lopsided, and Everyday I think "I need to use this CDL more wisely" I want to quit, but I really cant, I want to update my resume, and find something else, but time I get home Im zonked and just want to eat, shower, sleep, and maybe catch an hour of tv if I can keep my eyes open. I have Saturday, and Sunday off but my Saturdays are used to catch up on errands I cant do during the week, and Sunday is used to sleep, and catch up with my G/F, TV, and another interests I may have including sleep!!!

As the guy who trained me said on day one too me "This will be the hardest thing you will ever do" and to be honest it was, I say was because my body is not killing my ever morning when I wake up, and night when I get home, and let my muscles rest. I still feel the pains, and stuff each morning and night, but not to the extent I felt it when I started. I have not been with Pepsi for that long, and when I started I was excited "Pepsi! Billion dollar company! Great opportunity! I will be the best Pepsi man I can be!" but quickly changes too "Hmm great resume addition I think I will stay for a year" The WORK IS HARD, but bearable, its just the amount of hours worked that really takes a toll. I could easily do this job for the next 20 years (im 26) If I worked up to ten hour days in stead of 12, or 14. Especially if that 10 included end of day paper work. Im often asked from people "Is pepsi hiring" Which we are at least in my location, we need drivers as badly as an addict needs their next fix, but I make sure I let them know this job is no joke.

This is a shorter version of what I could write in detail of how this job is to a guy who's been working for Pepsi since mid December, and been driving a route since Mid January, I don't want this to discourage any one who is thinking of using that CDL to work for Pepsi, it might mean for some people a means to be local, and not be OTR anymore, and that could be enough to make this job worth it, some may see it as an resume builder as I do, because even If I want to advance my location is too small for any chance like that, other then a having an imaginary label placed on me of being a "Veteran Driver" which I'm already knocking on the door of since the small amount of drivers we have, there is no chance of a advancement unless I choose too move. Im mainly doing this so my G/F wont have to work more then 20 hours a week while attending college more then full time, so I dont plan on moving until the day comes we can move back to Texas.

Hope yall have a good Sunday.

TruckrWnnaB, SodaDriver and Mike2633 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.