Any Pepsi drivers out there?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Sentinel, Mar 8, 2007.

1. tnccrutcher

tnccrutcher Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Hayward,Ca
    I here you loud and clear I have had the same experience If you have any luck with that let me know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sanityfree

sanityfree Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Sleeper, Volvo
    I've heard rumors of Pepsi needing local drivers for both customer deliveries and for running doubles overnight from the local DC to the bottling facility in Marion, IL. I've also heard rumors that Pepsi is really hard to work for, that they treat their drivers like human wastes, but I can't seem to find anything more detailed. I'm looking for local work to get home more, and Pepsi is the only thing hiring in my neck of the woods. I plan to talk to the DC people next time I'm home, but I would like some driver input before deciding if its worth "trading my current #### for their ####," as a friend so eloquently put it.

EDIT: Wow... The system edited the C word for human wastes... Seems a little excessive, but it's not my boat to rock today.

4. mike76

mike76 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2009
    mesa,Arizona
    This is years ago, But I knew driver who work for them here in Arizona. They wanted younger driver to deliver to stores and the older drivers drove to grocery stores where they use electric pallet jack to unload instead of hand dolly the other driver used. The younger guys that deliver to gas station,circle K and other little stores. they ran there ### off to make all delivery. you can't be short or damage the goods. They are hard on that. Don't know if they change any now.

5. spork.man

spork.man Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    I used to work in grocery receiving and mike76 had it about correct. Basically, younger and stronger (no offense to anyone) takes the smaller trucks doing the smaller retail simply because most of it is all hand-pulled off the truck and 2-wheeled into the stores.

Of course, this was 17 years ago. I know the Coca-Cola guys driving the large trucks in town made good money and were very, very protective of their routes. Probably the best idea: If you see a smaller guy unloading at a convenience store, stop up and ask 'em - I'm sure they will be more than happy to tell you either way.

6. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    i can confirm this, pepsi, atleast here in indianapolis, treats there employees like sh**

not gonna go into detail but they screwed me over bad, the union was a joke there....i was there for about 6 months....the drivers made around 17.50 an hour give or take

7. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    i work for pepsi out of fl im a transport driver started out in route del then was promoted its not as bad as you think route guys here get paid 13.00 plus comission so they do pretty well granted they have to work hard for it in transport you are paid by mile .38 and you run from plant to plant drop and hook if you have to live unload then it 15.00 an hour any more questions ill be happy to answer

NukedNative Thanks this.
  8. Iann128

Iann128 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Riverview, FL
    I tried to PM you but don't have enough posts, do you have a contact for Pepsi, their website sucks.

Thanks,
    Ian

9. _ton bundle

_ton bundle Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Elevator Bay, Minnesota
    My best friend is a route driver for Pepsi here in Minneapolis, MN. He brings home about $75,000 a year working about 45 hours a week and home every night. It is very hard work, but like anything else, once you learn the tricks it gets easier.

The one thing to remember about Pepsi (and Coke for that matter) is that there is no national contract. Some plants are unionized and some are not and some union contracts are better than others. So just because a Pepsi job in Kentucky sucks and pays bad, that doesn't mean that a Pepsi job somewhere else doesn't pay well and treat their drivers well.

10. mgt1085

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    there are actually two anchor companies pepsi americas and pepsi bottleing group or pbg thats why the pay is not the same and depending where u are the websites are pbgcareers.com or pepsiamericas.com in your area its pbg

11. mgt1085

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    sentinal the most cases they will load in a 14 bay is 700 cases and depending on the driver manager the most stops you have in a day might be 13 stops again it depends on the manager like is said in small format aka route sales the driver merchandises the stop and your biggest stops will be walgreens,cvs,gas stations and pizza hut for two liters
    4campbells the reason why you get that message is because sometimes they might be hiring but its for part time and based on what you want they cant fill it and it also depends on the plant if its a bottler then it will need more drivers than a dc

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.