Any Pepsi drivers out there?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Sentinel, Mar 8, 2007.

1. b1rcyu76

b1rcyu76 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2009
    canada
    I work for PEPSI BEVERAGE COMPANY, which

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. b1rcyu76

b1rcyu76 Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2009
    canada
    I work for PEPSI BEVERAGE COMPANY, which Pepsico just named, since it has bought back its bottling, I really like it we get like 300 - 600 cases on a side loader and about 1000 - 2000 cases on a rear loader which you get a power cart to unload the skids with, and yes some of the customers we have to merchandise, but I like it since I am not sitting all day. I make 26 dollars an hour and anything after 8 hours is over time, plus benefits so it works for me , made 75,000 last year. Oh yeah I am in Canada

4. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    yeah it can be a gravy job especially if u run bulk or transport in bulk those guys drop it with a electric jack and in transport we pick up trailers and shuttle them from plant to plant some have sleepers some dont and the ones with sleepers are only out for like 2 days and still making great money

5. HighRoller

HighRoller Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Nevada
    You guys in Canada are paid quite well. Out here we're lucky to hit 60k.

6. Stunt_Driver

Stunt_Driver Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    I worked for pepsi in the north. best job i ever had locally. all union, high wages, greatest benefits. Coke was lucky if they even got in a gas station up there. Too bad the ol' lady made us move south. dam wives!

7. dirtdobber

dirtdobber Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2010
    harrison, ar.
    well i finally got a face to face interview monday at 1:00!! anyone have any advice as far as..what kind of questions will they ask, if i get the job will i go with a trainer, and also, what kind of transmissions do they have?? automatics? or...

8. davenjeip

davenjeip Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Port Charlotte, Fl
    I recently tried applying to Pepsi.

Spent 40 minutes filling out an online application for a job they had posted. Got finished and was treated with a message along the lines of, "we are not currently hiring for this position."

What a total waste of my time that could have been much better used applying for a job that was real. Who bothers to pay to post a job that they are not actually hiring for? And why, in these times were some people are in dire need and really stressing over job, would you get someones hopes up and waste their time.

I now only drink Coke.

9. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    if its a route job then it will be an auto yes u will go out with a trainer he will show u how to merchandise, work the hand-held where ur accounts are but now with most of the routing coming out of centralized areas u wont have a set route more like a run if its transport then u go out with a trainer for a road test and they show u how to transport different loads

dirtdobber Thanks this.
  10. Stunt_Driver

Stunt_Driver Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    with my experience with pepsi we only had combinations, ranging from sinkranize 6's (sorry about spelling) to 10 speeds. we did have a couple auto's. did not like them in the winter. driving test was piece of cake they had me help a driver out one day and told him to have me drive on the way back to the warehouse. there guide lines say you must drive 40 miles for the road test. yes you will go with a trainer. questions they ask in the interview were the most off the wall questions i've ever been asked in a interview. they had absolutely nothing to do with pepsi at all. good luck

11. dirtdobber

dirtdobber Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2010
    harrison, ar.
    went to the interview monday..so far it looks good, the guy said there were two positions open and he interviewed five including me!! he'll know something hopefully by tomorrow and if i get the job i start tuesday of next week!! wish me luck!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.