Any Prime Flatbedders?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by OpenRoadDreamer, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Prime has one?:biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Can't quite get over really ancient history, can ya?

Notarps... this is ORDs thread. If you want to bash Prime, go over to the bad company folder and have at it. Otherwise, why don't you just let these guys have their thread?

4. j&jbuck

j&jbuck Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2011
    ward, sc
    well, dont really have the money to buy my own stuff. but i like that the money is better in flatbeds. anybody know why that is.

5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I'm not sure what the deal is any more... ORD is probably the guy to ask. They generally want you to put some skin in the game for one "set" (whatever that may entail) and then swap stuff out as needed. Your initial purchase can be set up on payments with your FMs approval. You can turn in excess equipment to the company for credit...

As it stands on load locks, I've turned in so many that I am actually ahead of the game now.

6. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Who in the flip are you to tell me what to do? I told the truth. Don't like it? Here let me tell you what to do start a thread on being a suck up for a jacked up company.

7. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Flat is harder than swinging doors shut. You have to think to be a flatdedder. You have to decide, how and where to place the load. Then figure out how to keep it from killing you or someone else. While the door swingers are in the heated/ ac cab you are humping tarps. Prime will get in your pocket one way or the other. With the flat side they just get a head start.

This is what a car looks like when a coil falls on it.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  8. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    I do love the ignore function...

They take the money out of your settlements. My TNT trainer knows a guy who does flatbed. He gets around 2000 miles a week. Thats over 900 a week. 2000 miles isnt the max, just an inbetween number. If I remember right they take out 56 a week for the equipment.

9. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    There are flatbed companies that will train you. Pay you for orientation. Not just loan you money that they will take back later. There are companies that will also get you home on the weekends. Not every 4-6 weeks.

10. notarps4me

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Take the money out? For their stinking equipment that they should provide? Ooops forgot, they got to you....

11. j&jbuck

j&jbuck Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2011
    ward, sc
    sounds like it sucks to me but its better than sitting at home with no money to pay bill or get my own cdl or even drive my own vehicles around to look for a good job. i would rather pay for my equipment and still bring home good money than flip burgers like i am now and stay broke. go to the gripe board notarps

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.