Any Questions about Roehl??

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by RangerdaRoehlRoadTrainer, Jun 5, 2010.

1. rangerroehlroadtrainer

rangerroehlroadtrainer Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Moved to Marshfield
    yhey would send you to orientation in Ellenwood, next time ring the buzzer, you can talk to drivers, orientation or anyone else

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Satellite

Satellite Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Make sure your blood pressure is in check before going to Roehl Training many have fail the blood pressure test. You have to wait 6 months if you fail it.

If you have trouble with it see a doctor first.

4. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    Be honest with yourself, if you think you might have health issues get a check-up before going to any cdl school. When I went to school we had about four drivers who failed the physical based just on the urine test. One was dumping huge amounts of protein and the other three were high on the sugar.

I have "white coat syndrome" so I had problems with my bp any time I got my physical, any other time it was fine. I learned a relaxation technique that solved the problem. I close my eyes, and just concentrate on my breathing. I inhale using my diaphram(sp), then exhale as slowly and steadily as possible. It's the same breathing technique I learned when taking voice lessons. It lowered my bp in the doctor's office by about ten points.

5. RonS666

RonS666 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Gainesville Ga
    BTW I didn't mean to hijack this trainer's thread. Just thought I'd offer how a student sees the training and company.

6. rangerroehlroadtrainer

rangerroehlroadtrainer Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Moved to Marshfield
    hey ron it works for me, just started it to get as much info out there as possible

7. Tarzan528

Tarzan528 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I will be starting orientation in a week, i do not have my passport yet. Will this be a deal killer? Can't swing the cost just yet.

8. Tarzan528

Tarzan528 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2010
    rangerroehlroadtrainer,

I had a question about bringing food as well. I'm well aware that I will be in someone elses "home" (truck) for 2 weeks. It strikes me as much more polite to buy my meals on the road rather than take up space in someone else's fridge (assuming a fridge is even available). Unfortunately, that's a pretty expensive way to go. What do you recommend for food stuffs to bring along?

I would also be interested in hearing some horror stories about trainees so i know what not to do.:biggrin_25513:

9. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    I would ask your trainer if he has a fridge and you can use it. I am sure the vast majority would be accommodating. If so bring some lunchmeat (1 kilo or so) and loaf of bread. Poptarts or something similar for morning stuff. Couple of cans of peanuts. Only one of three of my trainers had a fridge so I ate alot of subway sandwiches with the other two.

10. MD STEELERS FAN

MD STEELERS FAN Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Perryman Md
    Whats the protein urine test for? Is it chloresterol?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.