Any Questions about Roehl??

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by RangerdaRoehlRoadTrainer, Jun 5, 2010.

1. geppetto

geppetto Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Rhode Island
    I have my CDL, sorry, I didn't specify. I would be going for their training for recent grads - 8 days I think then 2 wks or so with a trainer. I got my CDL a year ago, got hired by Schneider, trained with and drove for them for 3 months but haven't driven much in the last 9 months. Took a refresher and now am starting kind of fresh. I wonder which facility would be better for me, or if there is any difference. Appleton is a little closer but not enough to matter as far as travel since I'm coming from RI anyway.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sly1

sly1 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Van, flatbed, or refer? As far as I know flat is in gary, maybe marshfield ... but that is all I know. The 'basic' training is the same program at every terminal. Marshfield is the head office. As far as what is in the area... well your going to be pretty busy with long days and homework. It may not mater much once you get started in training.

hope this helps

geppetto Thanks this.
  4. geppetto

Aug 3, 2012
    Rhode Island
    It all helps, thanks for taking the time. I will be van. Yeah, I remember the long days in training. They piled on plenty of homework.

5. sly1

sly1 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2010
    BTW.... Charles Schwindol is a good friend of my brother and his wife. Great Guy!

geppetto Thanks this.
  6. geppetto

Aug 3, 2012
    Rhode Island
    That's very cool. I was just reading something about him online and realized I spelled his name wrong. Corrected now. I had received a printout of his paragraph on Attitude when I had an office job. I always kept it on the wall right by my desk. Always remember it.

[SIZE=+6] ATTITUDE[/SIZE] by: Charles Swindoll [FONT=verdana, geneva] The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.
    [/FONT]

Roknric and DocFrank Thank this.
  7. Bristol

Bristol Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Florida
    Need advice. I have just finished CDL school. I have a pre-hire with Roehl. I am just wanting to know more about Roehl. During my CDL school we had a fellow that finished about the first week I attended. He went to Roehl and didn't make it. He was pretty negative about Roehl. He said he had trouble down shifting and they sent him home. He said they were impatient and just not for him. I am not sure if that is the whole story. I talked to Roehl this morning and they seem very positive. I just need some advice and more knowledge about Roehl before I make up my mind to go to orientation. The lady I talked to wasn't pushy and told me to check out other companies as well. I like that. She said when I make my mind up just give her a call. She said if it is Roehl she will then set up my in ternary about orientation. I would appreciate any inside knowledge I would appreciate it. At the moment I am leaning toward Roehl.

8. sly1

sly1 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Roehl does have objectives for the student to meet. The expect improvement daily. With that said I can say that we have all had a bad day. But at the same time it should only be a temporary set back, not a direction. If you have taken the time to read the many post on this site, you should know by now that most do well with Roehl's training program. Some don't make it. Most do.

Hope this helps.

tablefor7 Thanks this.
  9. Wallens05

Wallens05 Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Columbus OH
    Do they have Qualcomm and paperless logs I also heard the only fuel up at certain places do u have to plan ur trip around it what's up with that any insight on how it works, and do there trucks have apus and inverters, also what is ur average miles for reefers?

10. childerscarl1

childerscarl1 Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2009
    skunkflats,ark
    Just about all trks have quallcom mcp w200 paperless logs. All the new trks have battery
    Powered apu, no inverter. The remaining 07 columbias , most have tri-pac apu and inverter, but they are slowly going.
    All I can tell you on refer miles is another driver switched to refer
    From dry van and his miles went down. Dry van is around 2600 to 3000 average.
    They give you a fuel route and expect you to follow it.
    Yes we trip plan, and fuel stops can be adjusted due to terrain and load weight.

11. T-Lady

T-Lady Medium Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Wautoma, WI
    New Internationals have no apu or inverter. They have autostart feature that starts truck when battery bank is drained.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.