Any Questions for a Driver Trainer for Maverick?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by sarge26044, Feb 14, 2011.

1. SoxFan

SoxFan Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Sarge, I really appreciated the information you are sharing with us rookies. I've applied to Maverick and McElroy and hope to hear from Jeff soon (possibly tomorrow). If I'm fortunate enough to be selected by Maverick and make it through orientation, I hope I'm lucky enough to get you as a trainer. I like your great expectations, and could probably sum mine up with a single word - understanding. I hope I am fortuante enough to get a trainer who understands that I'm new to this and have a whole lot to learn. I plan to give 100 percent effort and hope that I have a trainer who understands that. Thanks for all you do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SoxFan

SoxFan Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2011
    It appears my comment stopped the thread?!? Sorry. At any rate, I'm quite happy because I am headed for North Little Rock on Saturday. I hope, better yet, I believe I have made the right choice in selecting Maverick - a place where this non-super trucker-to-be will hopefully find a good, long-term home. Must admit that I'm a little nervous, but excited about this upcoming career change. Safe driving for all.

dollylama Thanks this.
  4. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Why are baby ducks so fuzzy?:smt061

5. dollylama

dollylama Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Marshfield WI
    Yes, you are correct, and have answered a few pm's about glass. Always glad to reply with any info I can. Don't quite know all the answers, and never will, but can give front line info.

6. detroitmedic

detroitmedic Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Detroit, MI
    Im heading down to Little Rock on Saturday for the Glass devision. Is there anything special I will need to know / need to bring above and beyond the regular items?

7. TREE

TREE Heavy Load Member

May 11, 2010
    OHIO
    I have been looking very serious at Maverick,it seems like over 90% of the drivers are happy .
    I have read every Maverick post on this board hell maybe 2 or 3 times.
    My company was just turned over to the owners son,and he hates drivers!
    I hate to quit any job(i am 41 and have only had 4 jobs in 23 years,but if things get to bad i would love to come down to little rock!
    Another thing i see is you guys treat your company as if it was your own.
    To me that shows something and that Maverick expects the best !
    Thanks for the post,even before i started driveing 7 months ago i pmed Tarps(no longer there) and he took the time to lmk Maverick was a top company,even though i had to send him some banana's:biggrin_2559:

8. cheeseburger

cheeseburger Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    [​IMG]

Tamco in Frederick, MD. less than an inch on both sides, trailer is a 2007 Ritnour 102" wide.

Temple Inland in Cumberland City, TN is tighter. and the docks at Georgia Pacific (i think) in Jarratt, VA are even worse than that, because bay 1 and 2 have to be hit at an angle because of the #### fence.

there are several places flat bedder's go that the docks would make a door swinger cry.:biggrin_2556:

9. revrak

revrak Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Sarge: I am 59 and in great physical shape. I am getting ready to go to school. Does Maverick hirer students and older guys like myself?

kerosene jockey Thanks this.
  10. cheeseburger

cheeseburger Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    I don't believe age to be a factor in their hiring process. I went through orientation with a couple of guys that were late 50ish.

11. bmiller68

bmiller68 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2011
    bowling green ohio
    Does anyone know anything about NTB or BOYD ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.