Any Questions for a Driver Trainer for Maverick?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by sarge26044, Feb 14, 2011.

1. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana

That's a good one. Have a good weekend . got to pickup load going to the Oklahoma. at 7pm today.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Don't really have the desire myself to be a skate boader but, a good trainer is a good trainer, no matter what they pull. Thanks Sarge for being one of the good ones and in being willing to help out.

sarge26044 Thanks this.
  4. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

yeah but did u back in there??? or was that a dropped trailer????? JUST KIDDING!!!!!!:biggrin_2559:

5. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    Do students have any say in what trainer they end up with? My first request would be a non-smoker. This is a big deal in my book, sorry to say. Also, what are Maverick's trucks governed speed? Do you think they will increase the fuel bonus as fuel prices continue to rise?

6. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    Yes you can request a non-smoker. trucks at 68. No on fuel bonus.

7. virgil tatro

virgil tatro Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2010
    columbus montana
    why does maverick want eobrs so badly? i guess thats my only question for now. lol...

8. zyk285

zyk285 Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    SARGE: Sounds like you have your act together. The trucking industry is always in need of good trainers! You did good in fuel bonuses in one year with them. I made a little over $800.00 with J.B Hunt in fuel bonuses with them for one year. I can't imagine making over 3k in a year off bonuses. Good job.

I have always wanted to pull flatbed. I have 3 years doing van OTR.

My question is for someone like me that has no idea how to strap down all that stuff. How much trouble is it to learn, does Mav. hire experienced drivers and train them to tarp and strap and everything that goes along with it?

I am not a body builder but am in good physical condition.

Do you choose to run 57 mph or is that what the trucks are governed at?

9. sarge26044

sarge26044 Road Train Member

May 24, 2009
    Louisville, ky
    haven't spoke with any NTB drivers but most drivers i've talked with from boyd seem unhappy about pay, lack of home time, equipment, the usual complaints from truck drivers

10. sarge26044

sarge26044 Road Train Member

May 24, 2009
    Louisville, ky
    check out Jim the Hut's thread starts with his decision to go with maverick, day by day in orientation all the way to present day.

thanks for the compliment, i just tell it like it is and thought my thread may help someone new that may have questions for a driver trainer with Maverick

even the wording of your post sounds like you have the right attitude, "when i graduate" rather than if and with that attitude (a positive one) you should be successful at whatever you choose to do for whomever

11. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I am not sarge, but when I was with them my truck was governed at 70. It has a program that allows the driver choices. If you can maintain the expected MPG's you got speed. If not the truck is programmed to castrate itself. I would run about 60-65 loaded and 60 empty. I always got good bonuses by low idle, and good routing. They will teach you everything you need to know about load securement and tarping.

zyk285 and sarge26044 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.