Any recent info on Brooks Or. terminal?

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by GranaRig831, May 22, 2014.

1. GranaRig831

GranaRig831 Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Ca.
    hilltop: correction....if I remember right she said $9.50/hr for 2nd & 3rd days

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GranaRig831

Mar 22, 2014
    Ca.
    Can anyone tell me what happens right after training and upgraded to own truck?
    are you allowed to take home time for number of days built up during training?..then run solo?
    or are you expected to go out solo 1st...then arrange hometime?

4. blwjr

blwjr Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Modesto, CA
    I got a load that went near my home yard then went home for 4 days. You have to ask closed mouth won't get fed, planners and DM's don't share to much info which is a shame.

GranaRig831 Thanks this.
  5. seamallowance

seamallowance Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    They're quite an evasive bunch, aren't they?. Ask a May staffer a direct question and they bob and weave like a prizefighter. Impressive.

blwjr Thanks this.
  6. GranaRig831

Mar 22, 2014
    Ca.
    Not sure I understand about asking closed-mouth....so I assume that say...one has trained for 4 weeks(& accumulated 2-3 days) the person is expected to go solo right after & wait until a load goes close to home to take 1st hometime?

guess its a question to ask recruiter? or DM during training? or at orientation?
    just curious to know how it works after upgrading & what`s expected of the newb,

I understand all training co`s have their pros n cons and bs newbs(& others) have to deal with, but is May still considered a good starter co in yours or any current drivers opinion(s)?

7. blwjr

blwjr Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Modesto, CA
    You have to tell them you need to go home to get stuff, some people here at may think you have brought everything you need to run while you were with your trainer. Their are a lot of people here that have never been on a truck before and think you only need your hygiene, a sleeping bag, and your clothes (myself I needed to get a TV, fridge, microwave, my Xbox, and other crap). There is not a lot of shared info between different departments here so some of what the recruiter tells you may be different than what your DM tells you and so on. Right now I'm kinda happy the last 3 months I've been hanging right around 3000 miles a week the lowest being 2300 and the highest being 4200. My new DM has been keeping me running and has a load on me before I finish the one in on, which makes me very happy (sometimes I have to remind her to keep me running east because the planners have their own agenda). My opinion good place to get your feet wet with good equipment.

GranaRig831 Thanks this.
  8. seamallowance

seamallowance Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    "I understand all training co`s have their pros n cons and bs newbs(& others) have to deal with, but is May still considered a good starter co in yours or any current drivers opinion(s)?"

Oh yes, most certainly. I am just a tad grumpy because I am in LA, waiting to unload and it is close to a friggin' 90 degrees.

To be more helpful: after I was done with my training and "solo'd out", I took off four days of hometime so that I could eat real food, do my laundry and, uh, play pattycake with my girlfriend.

May (it will be Carol, most likely) will understand. With the possible exception of the members of the Compliance department, they all have significant others too. No worries!

blwjr and GranaRig831 Thank this.
  9. blwjr

blwjr Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Modesto, CA
    I feel ya brother I'm sitting in Gary doing a reset and been hanging out in my truck cause there is a driver and his wife here and they both stink something fierce sitting in the drivers lounge. It was 88 today a lot hotter than that in the truck.

10. Sailguy

Sailguy Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Are you running team? If not could you explain how you got 4200 miles in 1 week?

You would have to do 600 miles a day for 7 days straight in a truck that's governed to 61.

Just curious.

11. blwjr

blwjr Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Modesto, CA
    [​IMG]
    No team here 2 weeks ago I had 4179 miles on my check everything just worked out right and yes I try to run 600 miles a day the best I've did is 660.9 miles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.