Any states to avoid during DOT week?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Kenworth6969, May 1, 2021.

1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    You still aren't making any sense. Also, I was NOT talking about one individual Officer working 24/7.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    And i was and still am talking about how cops are people that work shifts and managers like planning a whole weeks hours, so a 72 hour blitz is not 72 hours, its the whole week monday through friday, 3 shifts of 8 hrs, say 5 employees a shift. So the person deciding who manages the scalehouse just sets everyone up for 5 shifts at 8 hours the whole week.

THAT is what i was saying when i said what i did in response to "JOETRUCK SAID: ↑
    They were out in force today on 71 & 76 in OH"
    Because even though it didnt "start" till 00:00 tuesday, the bears were all out in force on monday.

Dont act like any of that was a hard concept. Its insulting to YOUR intelligence

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  4. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Ok

5. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I’ve been inspected three times in the past month. It’s as if they figured they’d get an early start on blitz week.

6. T.Rucker

T.Rucker Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…
    Haha!!! Made me laugh out loud. You mean I can’t take my shoes off put my feet on the dash and cruise down the road slumped in my seat so you can barely see my head? ;)

John E. and slow.rider Thank this.
  7. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Respect is earned, not just given, I don't care what the situation, or the costume someone is wearing. Only person on my Sir list is my father, and the list ends there.

8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Anyone get inspected yet during the "blitz"?

bzinger and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  9. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Got waved through twice. Tons of trucks getting looked at. Second time was 10pm, and they were still raking in that money.

InTooDeep, Jaebo74 and JonJon78 Thank this.
  10. mem

mem Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Got put OOS in Van Horn, TX (eastbound). Loves was busy with work lol. Got me for an "abrasion" on an air line. It wasn't leaking. Maybe the officer rubbed it.

I told him I'm gonna support the defund the police movement and he laughed. At least he let me drive down to loves to "fix" the line.

11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Left omaha for new York this afternoon and looked like business as usual on 80 at van meter and Mitchellville in iowa ...I got green lighted at van meter and looked like most were getting pulled in .
    The inspection lanes didn't look any busier than normal tho at van meter or Mitchellville.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.