ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GET CDL IN NYC ?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Odim0216, Dec 21, 2022.

1. Odim0216

Odim0216 Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2022
    Hey guys, I live in NYC Queens and I’m trying to get my CDL Class A. I’m trying to get it without a E restriction right off the bat.

I have $6000 saved up I can spend. I have checked all the private trucking schools in NYC and all of them charge roughly about $5000 for 40Hours (20 sessions / 2Hours each). Those 40Hours aren’t all driving it’s also part of learning pretrip inspection. From what I’ve read here 40Hours is basically nothing and not adequate enough to obtain a CDL.

Unfortunately there aren’t any 180Hour schools in NYC. I also checked online and called mega schools but all teach auto now. Should I go to a mega school learn auto then get the E restriction removed ?

Any tips, suggestions or names of places you guys have is great. I don’t want to blow $6000 away and end up not obtaining a CDL.thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Stevens Transport.
    Advertises manual and automatics.
    • Automated Manual Transmissions
    • Manual Transmissions
    CDL Training & Truck Driving School | Stevens Transport
    ~
    Due to your location in Queens, Stevens Transport, if approved, will send you to a private cdl school with all expenses paid. Sometimes they'll fly you across the country to an approved school, such as Denver, Colorado.
    ~
    [​IMG]
    • Lodging
    • Meal Money
    • Assistance
    • Transportation to the Academy from Your Home

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    Odim0216 and aussiejosh Thank this.
  4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015

About Us – CDT School

Sunny Truck Driving School |

Odim0216 and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.