Any tips on copying a volvo key?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Russian Rabbit, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    So can a volvo dealer do it?

jamespmack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Freightliner and International always could. I don’t see why Volvo couldn’t
    Plus they have truck parking

4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Next time you go the company yard snag one from the service department, try one out of a non-issued truck in the yard, they probably duplicate the keys

5. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    yeah, that's probably my next move. The larger hubs with large shops almost undoubtedly will have a key that will work.....

6. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Modern Freightshakers only have I think four keys total across the country. One carrier I know of has ALL their Cascadias keyed the same across the fleet.

If yer gonna steal a truck, swipe a shaker! No body will care enough to report it, and the keys are stupid simple to copy!

FlaSwampRat and Eowyn Thank this.
  7. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I found it ot be most successful to just grab it out ot a truck that has not been issued yet, and move on.

8. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    This made my day, thank you.

jamespmack, brsims and Lepton1 Thank this.
  9. COBB2070

COBB2070 Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2018
    SoCal...The OC
    Way back in my early aviation days, aircraft manufactures only had between 6-10 different key cuts. They figured only a pilot could steal a plane and they are very easy to track/trace. But what crooks would do, is go to a small airport and steal Nav/Com radios out of a plane, then go to another airport and steal the same brand and model of radios out of a second plane and replace it with the first set. Now plane owner A reports his radios stolen, complete with S/N's for the FAA hot sheet, that are now sitting in plane owner B's aircraft who never has a clue. Now the crooks can sell the "clean s/n" radios with little fear.

tucker and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  10. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    If you have a nice small square file and a spare key it is fairly easy to wake a shaker key, once you learn how how to use it, pretty easy to start other trucks of the same brand, that use that key type

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Yay!
    Lowe's did it----you just need to keep finding one that can do it.

19R2 blank is the one!

You have to insist on using an 19r2 blank and have them override the machine-----say Chrysler PT cruiser when the computer asks for the car.

i actually did get a copy from another driver, but lost it after about a week, thus i was back to square one, but decided to keep on going to lowes and depot until i found one that could do it. Fortunately the first lowes worked.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.