Any Truckstop Employees post here?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Infosaur, Jan 11, 2011.

1. HFC

HFC Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Sheetz is based out of Altoona, Pennslyvania. It branched out from a dairy business and as a local mom and pop version to 7-11. It is privately owned and family run.

It has only two "true" truck stops that I know of ...

Dubois, PA and Mount Jackson, VA

The furthest south Sheetz I know of is Mebane, NC off of I 85. I was shocked because I thought it ended at Colonial Heights, VA near the intersection of I 95 and I 85.

Yes, I did pass that Sheetz in Wytheville, VA on my way to Dollywood. That's the furthest south one on I 81.

Most Sheetz I know do have diesel but it's auto diesel and also I don't think the trucks can fit under most of their fuel island canopies.

If you want to ask them to expand from those two truck stops and "go for it" ...

http://www.sheetz.com/main/contact/

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Oh we can fit under there alright (at least my company's rigs can, 13'6") and their fuel haulers and re-stock refers are usually under there durring the we-hours making deliveries.

Of course the on duty manager might have a problem with how much space in the lot you take up (it might be inversly proportional to how much grub you buy inside though).

I can't imagine filling up there (one tank only?) 100 gallons out of a "car" pump would take a long time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted