anybody know? Superior doing more regional type work?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Oct 29, 2018.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    from what i hear, they have the best runs! They tried sending me to Vancouver last year after I got back from CA. I was out of hours and didn't want to stay out for another month!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Is Springfield, MA a busy terminal?

4. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    I'm here now! haha I know Guy(terminal manager) is a really good guy. I haven't gotten anything bad out of here, but that would be 'system-wise'.

5. simplmn80

simplmn80 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2007
    nokomis,il
    They are still looking for drivers in creola. Company and ic's. Bunch of transloading starting up soon. I just started 5 weeks ago.. In greer right now actually...6 of us up here from creola @tdc..

JGarrick1940 Thanks this.
  6. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2018
    I spoke with Guy a few weeks ago. I live in Boston area but he said it’s in their hiring zone. The two months of training in Springfield and Greer make me hesitant to apply.

yankatank Thanks this.
  7. ttypewe4jim

ttypewe4jim Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Pedricktown is giving me the same impression it will be mostly regional runs that are pretty predictable. If Pa ever sends me my license I will hopefully be starting soon, thought going through a 3rd party tester would be quicker but apparently not....

8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    there was a guy here, that I went 'training school'(down in Greer, SC) with. He was out of Springfield term. He didn't last long, sheesh, the dude didn't last long at any companies he was at.(he wasn't from this country, I think he went through 4 other companies within 1 year. Guy gave him a 'chance' and he complained about driving here, and the next 3 places he drove for.I know because, although he's a nice guy, friends on FB, he doesn't understand you actually have to WORK to make money when it comes to driving. haha)...but anyhow, he lived near RI. He didn't stay out very long, I don't know if it was him or not, as he would post 'updates' as to where he was on FB(something I NEVER DO...nobody's business where I am at, except work). He did say it took about 2 hours one way to get to work or home. I couldn't drive, as a profession, and then get off the road and have to worry about a few more hours to drive home in my personal vehicle. That's just me, though.

9. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    I'll admit, some of the
    best runs I ever got was out of Pedricktown! Got a CA and got a run to Baton Rouge. In the 2 years I've been here, only got one bad run out of there(400 miles), but I turned it into 500 and dropped off in High Point(since I was going to sit on it for about 2 days and it delivered about 3 hours away).

ttypewe4jim Thanks this.
  10. JGarrick1940

JGarrick1940 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Montgomery,al

Thanks for that info. I just applied for that terminal. I live In Montgomery, currently with Schneider

11. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    did you apply at the Axis, AL terminal? That's like right over 2 hours south from you. I know of one guy, out of my terminal, that lives right over 90 miles away.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.