Anybody Work For Saia?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Lotsa Bellyfat, May 28, 2024.

1. Lotsa Bellyfat

Lotsa Bellyfat Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2023
    I was just wondering if anybody has any info on Saia? Good… not so good? I never seem to hear much about them… maybe that’s a positive thing, but hearing from someone that’s in the know would be appreciated.

austinmike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    You generally don’t hear a lot on any of the major big players of the LTL side of the trucking industry. I generally refrain from mentioning competing forums, but checkout Truckingboards.com. There is pretty robust lineup on the LTL companies over there.

4. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Biggest complaint I hear from a friend that drives for SAIA is the driver facing camera. Trucks run 68MPH but if you use the fuel pedal it is 65MPH. Difficult to pass a truck running 65MPH when you need to jump into the left lane when 3.5 seconds behind that truck and get it done in a reasonable amount of time. Speeding down a big hill will get you a company letter for speeding. They have a point system that gets many drivers.

Bud A., Zonno, Iamoverit and 4 others Thank this.
  5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I can confirm these things are true. I have a buddy that's been there 2 years. From what I hear, they let up on the no phone policy.

Bud A., bzinger and austinmike Thank this.
  6. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Check out Marks Trucking Life on YouTube. He's got to be the biggest pusher of Saia being the best LTL or overall trucking company period.

However I know 7 drivers at the place. And all but 1 are looking for a better place to drive for. Estes, ODFL, &FXF tend to be the best non union LTL companies. Depending on the location. But just like saia, FxF has driver facing cams.

7. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Estes will make or break you depending on the terminal. The vibe changes and the freight does too.

Bud A., Lotsa Bellyfat and austinmike Thank this.
  8. High Stepper

High Stepper Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2022
    Square One
    Fedex freight doesn't have driver facing cams.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Do they still have the no CB radios crap?

austinmike and bzinger Thank this.
  10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Gotta buddy the runs line haul out of omaha and his saying is " saia ...can't wait ta hire ya ...can't wait ta fire ya ."

TX2Day, Bud A., Zonno and 6 others Thank this.
  11. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    No they don’t.
    I remember hearing a few years ago they changed it to where you could have a CB just to listen, but you couldn’t be caught on camera with the mic in your hand.

Speed_Drums, austinmike and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.