Anybody Work for Schneider LTL?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Surfer Joe, Nov 2, 2017.

1. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I figured that would be the case. I was reluctant to mention anything about my company as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    Gotcha ... they're always watching eh?

4. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    About as good as money one will make without an advanced, math or science related degree.

5. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Here’s the deal. I’m a former Watkins Shepard employee. Left in July. All Schneider LTL jobs are the Watkins Shepard jobs. Schneider takes over fully Jan. 1. You will tailgate furniture and carpet if they do carpet in your area. I never done carpet but most places do. You are paid per mile and per stop, when empty you backhaul usually back close to your terminal if your home weekly, if not they will get you close to another terminal to get another LTL load. Like i said what’s on the trailer depends on where you are. Some ads i seen say no touch freight, that is not true. Nothing Watkins does LTL is no touch. You touch it all.
    I had a dedicated route 2 trips a week, with a consistent backhaul back to my home terminal. I was home every weekend for 48-60 hrs, and 1-2 nights a week making 65k a year and I left. Schneider changed our dispatch and screwed it up. Which cut my pay. I went to work for another company doing ltl furniture deliveries making more money.
    Watkins Shepard was a great place with great people, Schneider screwed that up. From what I hear the former owner of Watkins was suppose to stay on for 3 years to help transition, he is gone because Schneider wouldn’t listen to him on how to handle furniture. They are losing customers like crazy. I know cause the company I work for is getting all their customers lol

6. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    What are your linehaul guys paid per mile, top rate? I"m assuming they're cpm and not hourly ...

7. roscold90

roscold90 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Wow thanks for the info. Schneider has a LTL account in my area(Memphis) that I was going to consider. But I'll pass on unloading furniture

8. Driver91

Jun 28, 2015
    Memphis area LtL would be hauling furniture out of Myrtle, MS. Which is where I worked out of. I had a dang good gig. Schneider just screwed that up for me

9. roscold90

roscold90 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2017
    What did Schneider do? I work regional with them now but the money isn't there tho

10. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    bought his former employer.....

11. Driver91

Jun 28, 2015
    This and changed everything. Dispatchers mainly which made me lose my dedicated route and and huge cut in my pay.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.