Anyone driving for Walmart?

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by trecord88, Jun 20, 2019.

1. T.Rucker

T.Rucker Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…

I’m in the truck 4 nights a week...home for 3 nights. All in all not bad. You get $42/night for layover in the truck...

Some guys are home every night and never layover, but I live 2 hours from the DC so that isn’t an option for me.

MilkyJay and trecord88 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    If the pay's good, you won't see me complaining about running hard.
    For those of us on the outside looking in, can you please explain how OTR slip seating even works?

Radman Thanks this.
  4. T.Rucker

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…
    Since you don’t have an assigned tractor being the newbie, you might have one truck for the whole week you’re out. Or, you might have it for 2/3 days and then you have to swap to another truck. All that means is they route you back to the DC you’re based out of so you can swap trucks. It’s a pain, but again, the pay/benefits of working here - I’m not complaining (too much at least haha)

5. MGE Dawn

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    That... seems counterintuitive. I mean, I practically live in the truck; what you're describing would be akin to moving upwards of several times a week for me

6. T.Rucker

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…
    I can understand that. WM lets the drivers know that if their truck is sitting it’s fair game for someone else to drive it on their days off. So you aren’t leaving a lot in the truck when you’re off. For me, since I’m swapping trucks I have minimal stuff with me. Clothes, food, iPad, shower stuff. I can be out of my truck in about 10-15 min.

I’m thinking long term though....one day I’ll have an assigned truck and the slip seating will be a memory...

dwells40 Thanks this.
  7. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    is that fuel,def,windows cleaned and floors 409. cause you cant do all this in 15min. the problem with some people slip seating is. that people are in a hurry to bail out and leave the truck nasty. i got it my truck this week with a bag of trash and stuff still in the fridge. when i got out of my truck tonight. i did all the above including wiping out the fridge. not saying all do it. but you need to fill up fuel and top off def for the next driver.

foggy, betterroad and chewey3 Thank this.
  8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Can anyone confirm Walmart pays the advertised 90k a year job they advertise for drivers?

MGE Dawn Thanks this.
  9. MGE Dawn

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    This. This would be one thing that would help ease the pain of OTR slip seating

10. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    it all depends on the dc. i heard you can go broke running out of fort pierce and a couple others in florida. then you take laurens and cullman and they make big checks. each dc is like a little sheriff office. the gtm sets the rules for that office.

11. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    its not 100% about the money here. theres alot of stuff you dont deal with anymore like you did on the road

T.Rucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.