Anyone else seeing a slow down at their company

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by classicxl, Nov 3, 2022.

1. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006

you would think hauling garbage your job would be safe from a recession since people are always making it no matter how bad the economy is

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Ltl has slowed dramatically. We’re 7-8 pups going down, 2-3 coming back. The dollar is great for Americans.

4. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Yea it sucks, of course now that blood is in the water, Bison, TransX, Heyl and Day and Ross are coming after us HARD! Bison is even dumping a ton of money into LTL, huge cross dock/warehouse at their new terminal in Balzac. Heyl took out IHaul from the Lamb Weston fry contracts, and they’re after our Heater reloads from the US. TransX will do Surrey to LA FTL for $800 all in.

We have some counter attacks tho, and the long time customers have committed to our relationships. But as mentioned above, it’s going to get UGLY!

5. MSQUARED

MSQUARED Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2021
    How can you go from surrey to LA for 800? That's 1200 miles and that doesn't even cover the fuel

6. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I don't know, but I was in the big boss's office when he laughed and hung-up the phone; so, we don't be doing it.

7. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    TransX also does Edmonton to Winnipeg for $400. My boss at the time quoted the customer $1200 and they laughed at him and told him about it.

8. DaytonTD

DaytonTD Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Edmonton, Alberta
    #### I wouldn't even waste my time for $1200

9. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Thank the bottom feeders. They only have to stay in business for 2 years to get citizenship.

10. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006

I’ve been seeing Charger at some of our customers when u didn’t see them before and get the feeling that they’re working for cheaper rates . One thing we have been told by Kriska management is they don’t play that game here’s our price take it or leave it . We even had Kellogg’s beg us to lower our rates because they wanted to do business with us but our rates our too high . The company did lower their rates a little to keep good faith . Like I said through i’ve noticed a lot more chargers at customers and we’re getting slower every year

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.