Anyone get inspected?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JonJon78, May 18, 2022.

1. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Got stopped this morning (7am Saturday May the 21st) on I-85 in Alabama just after the ‘camera scale’. They were set up in the turn off with portables. Checked my license and my weight and I rolled on…

Didn’t see any extra enforcement on the routes I ran all week… NC, VA, WV, And KY
    Same with SC and GA but those were in the evening

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    ...i didn't spot any officers last week:)

Attached Files:

cke, alds, Dave_in_AZ and 3 others Thank this.
  4. ncmickey

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    The Wife and I are planning a trip there next year….

5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    I hit the Morehead KY scales as well as the Hurricane WV scales with OS loads, never had a problem…..

6. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I skated it this year. Everybody drove over everything they saw on greens. Been half expecting an engine to explode or some #### since Sat morning.

cke, Dave_in_AZ and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    My experience this year was there were less officers on the road that usual. Im guessing they had them moved to certain areas. The weirdest thing was Mon the 16th? I had to unload/reload in Laredo. Left the house at 3:30am, went around the S bound scale going down because it opens early and usually once you get down closer to Laredo there are police galore. I saw zero all day going down and back up. I parked at the Fuel America N of the border patrol checkpoint and did my 10 before running upto Dallas overnight.

The rest of my week was Dallas to Youngstown, Oh. Reload outside of Pittsburgh and back to Laredo all very early AM to early afternoon and never crossed an open scale, but I also might have "bypassed" a few of them lol.

8. ncmickey

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    South Carolina had 3 big trucks on the shoulder of 95 Today, Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend doing inspections. All on the Northbound side. All right around Florence, north of I-20.
    A marked DOT truck, a white Dodge Pickup with absolutely no markings and the lights were all hidden… and a white Ford Explorer also unmarked.

2 drivers from the company I work at got pulled for speeding and got inspections near Columbia in the 60 mph zone a few weeks ago by that same (or identical) white Dodge Ram pick up. The lights are hidden in the grill and tailgate so you can’t tell it’s a cop till he lights you up.

nikmirbre and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  9. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    That dodge around Florence. I always see him around exit 170. They pull trucks over in front of the Pilot all the time.

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    NM was doing roadsides today, and Raton scale was packed.

Colorado the Starkville was closed, I think do to road destruction, but they had their portables set up south bound.

It is all about safety after all.

11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Those darn DOT cops are getting sneaky here in SW Arkansas too. They have one silver/gray suv with no markings or visible lights. And another one is an all black suv again with no light bar but it does have a shield on the door.
    Also running on I 30 in SW Arkansas, the troopers now have a red, black and a blue plain wrapper Dodge Chargers staying busy.

cke, nikmirbre and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.