Anyone get inspected?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JonJon78, May 18, 2022.

1. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    Yes they are.If rolling west on 40 in El Reno do not take the 130 exit to get onto Route 66 bypassing the scale.A Oklahoma Corporate commission officer sits there waiting for people to do it.Don’t ask how I know lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    WTF seriously?

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Create a log in for another driver. That’s how he logged sleeper while moving. Note on the inspection report it said no co-driver present.

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Texas passed a deal some years back that allows any city with like 50,000 people or more to have their own DOT inspectors. In 2010 I was hauling a tank load if a kind of paint, UN1263 Combustible Liquid when I got pulled over on US75 in Plano. First thing the guys asked was how where was I going (Wisconsin) and told me me that a long way to haul a load of Gasoline. Thought I was in for a screwing when he had me follow him to a lot for a Level I, but he did ok and I got a sticker.
    The bad ones around there were the ones in Ft Worth that worked US287 between I 35 and I 20/I 820.

6. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I was in the oilfield when that happened. The main guy that trained the cops came to our yard because we requested all our equipment get looked at.

I asked him a question about hazmat manifest, because we hauled explosives. He couldn't answer the question, and said everyone was only trained enough to make sure we had a manifest, but they couldn't interpret it.

I said, "So we could just lie?"

He said, "Yes, but we'd prefer if you didn't." LMFAO.

Nice guy though.

alds, Dave_in_AZ, RockinChair and 8 others Thank this.
  7. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Used zefyer (sp) this time around, blue cut and green shine, I usually like britmax ez cut and final shine but I’ve been unable to find it lately, used rebel red last year and it didn’t really hold up with the chem-x wash stuff I was using, but it applied and wiped off easy so I just kept doing it by hand.

every spring I rotate tires and do all the wheels when I have them off so kind of works out

Rideandrepair and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  8. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    My 1st time using zephyr too. I did just the brown bar for really rough wheels and finished with the green. I'll do em again in a few weeks. I got most of the pitting out from not being hit all winter

abyliks and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

in almost 30 years, I think I've only gotten anything other than a wave-through during "blitz week" maybe 3 times.

Dave_in_AZ and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. Gatordude

Gatordude Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona

11. Gatordude

Gatordude Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona

They were working it hard on 17 NB at the McGuireville Rest Area. Had 4 O/Os and one hot shot pulling a 5pk car hauler. They were ALL over the hot shot. 2 DOT just rootin around.

tscottme and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  12. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    What Level of Schooling?? o_O

You're not dumb unless YOU believe you be.

How did she "make you" do it?:confused:

The "special education" is She most likely didn't want to clean up after you as well other test participants.

We're Glad You Succeeded.:cool:
    CHEERS!!

austinmike and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.