Anyone got a ticket,,,

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Infosaur, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    "Do as I say, not as I do" comes to mind. 'Round here, we have a word for that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

"Laws for thee,
    Not for me!"

4. Number9

Number9 Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Great White North
    Reputable ELD providers will give you 24/7 support and nowadays, there's no excuse for them not to be able to do minor remote fixes. Once you notice your ELD's broken, you notify the company in writing, get a copy of your logs, on paper and the company will let you know what needs to be done to fix the device and what you should be doing (if it's not a quick, remote fix, they will typically let you keep going until you get to a convenient service centre for your device brand).

ELD's really fall under 'you get what you pay for'. That is why the proposed Canadian mandate will have a formal, independent certification process, as opposed to 'I'll just self-certify my quick buck-making, fly-by-night piece of junk'.

5. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Not exactly a violation but it sure is strange how a 65 mph truck can do 817 miles in 10 hrs. 20190116_112935.jpg

6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    That's not the only problem. Good luck explaining how you manage to only have a few minutes of line 4 time every day. At some point, you need to fuel, load, unload, drop, hook, etc...

7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Hi, Craig

Lab work Thanks this.
  8. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    You're supposed to fax it, I guess. Return receipt needed. Note, I said, I guess. Someone else mentioned 24/7 support services, dream on , I guess again.

Did PeopleNet ever come up with an ELD, yet? If they did, I guess I missed the memo.

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    My guess is they will wait until December 10th or so to roll it out, then when everything crashes and burns they will whine to FMCSA to get an exemption as they didn't have time to implement it....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.