Anyone have insight on Safeway's hiring process?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by onionboy, Jul 23, 2017.

1. onionboy

onionboy Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2014
    I recently applied for Safeway. I had my interview a week ago, passed their drive test, drug test, DOT Physical etc. & they ran a background check on me. They also provided me a DOT insurance card. How long does it take for them to call me back? Will they call me if they don't intend on hiring me?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Usually a company will not call you to tell you they aren't hiring you. I've applied to co's and heard nothing so applied to others and gotten hired then the original co calls to ask me if I'm ready to go ? Like 3 weeks later ! I've also had a good interview etc and then heard nothing from the co. I can only say either wait by the phone or contact them. I once called a co to see what was going on with my app and they said "oh, yeah, you're hired come on in" tomorrow.

4. viper822004

viper822004 Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2014
    DFW
    How long has it been? If you did the drug test and driving test it usually means you're hired. I've never done a drug test and not been hired.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  5. Slwstang04

Slwstang04 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Does Safeway do urine or hair testing?

6. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Both

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.