anyone here try ecigs ?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by bzinger, May 11, 2015.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    after losing a good friend at fcc last year cause he couldnt quit smokin im trying e cigs ...anyone else here tryin em ? and what do you think ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    I quit on my own, but my wife has tried them. She didn't like them at all, so she switched to vapping.

4. cowboy655

cowboy655 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2015
    i tried the e-cig thing and the vaping thing after about 8 months i got to where i was feeling sick all the time went back to smoking and the sickness went away be careful with them

5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    i think this thing i got is vaping ...wats the diff between vaping and an ecig ?

6. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    From a website:

differences between e-cigarettes and vaporizers
    E-cig look-a-likes vs. personal vaporizers – which is best?

It's clear that vaping has many benefits over traditional smoking, but what about standard e-cigs vs. vaporizers? Just a few years ago, you were lucky to find any e-cig supplies whatsoever. But nowadays, when walking into a vape shop or browsing online, vapers are faced with literally thousands of options—from custom e-liquid blends to different batteries and brands. It's enough to make a vaper dizzy...

Another one of these options is a standard e-cig versus a personal vaporizer. Standard e-cigarettes, which are the cigarette look-a-likes most commonly associated with vaping, are still the more popular smokeless devices, but vaporizers are increasingly becoming more mainstream and fashionable amongst experienced vapers.

So the question is, e-cig look-a-likes or vaporizers, which is the best option for you?

[​IMG]
    e-cigarettes

The basic e-cig is where it all got started back in 2003 by a Chinese pharmacist named Hon Lik. His idea was to create a nicotine delivery device that produced inhalable and flavored smoke-like vapor. Thus the modern e-cig was born, designed to evoke the look and feel of smoking cigarettes.

The basic e-cig look-a-like is very similar in size, shape and weight to a traditional cigarette, and contains three parts: the battery, the cartomizer (a combination of the cartridge and the atomizer) and a silicone mouthpiece. An LED light on the end of the battery glows when the user inhales, resembling the burning tip of a cigarette. The cartridge within the cartomizer holds the e-liquid and is usually disposable once empty.

Advantages:

• Look and feel more like traditional cigarettes (can be a pro or con depending on whether that is something you find desirable)
    • Many come with pre-filled cartridges—like the nicotine delivery devices made by our friends over at Eversmoke—so users don't have to worry about messy refills
    Disadvantages:

• Can be difficult to tell when the cartomizer is almost empty
    • Limited battery life and tank capacity due to their size
    • Often mistaken for traditional cigarettes, which can result in an awkward confrontations when vaping in public
    • Inconsistent nicotine delivery
    • Restricted to buying e-liquid and cartomizers from the same manufacturer as the brand of your battery
    [​IMG]
    vaporizers

Personal vaporizers only hit the e-cig world within the last couple years, yet they have quickly gained traction and become one of the most popular vaping devices on the market. Data from a recent Wells Fargo study suggests that vaporizers are growing twice as fast as standard e-cigs, now approaching nearly 50% of total e-cig sales, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Vaporizers, which resemble a large fountain pen more than a cigarette, are considered a step-up from the first-generation Chinese e-cigs, and offer vapers more advanced, customizable options. The vaporizer is composed of a large battery on one end, a clear reservoir tank in the middle and a mouthpiece. By pressing a small button on the side of the battery, the user engages the heating element which vaporizes the e-juice and releases tasty vapor.
    Advantages:

• Longer battery life span
    • Far more choice of flavors, tastes, and e-liquid supply (able to mix and match)
    • Greater customization
    • Smoother delivery of nicotine
    • See-thru clearomizer makes it easy to tell how much e-liquid you have left in your reservoir tank
    • Refillable, therefore cheaper in the long run than disposable e-cigs
    Disadvantages:

• Larger than standard e-cigs
    • Look less like traditional cigarettes
    • Must refill e-liquid
    • More costly to get started than basic e-cig look-a-likes
    e-cigarettes vs. vaporizers conclusion
    Ultimately, your choice between a standard e-cig versus a personal vaporizer will depend on which experience you feel most comfortable with. E-cigarettes are smaller and look more like cigarettes, but are limited in battery life, nicotine consistency and flavor experimentation.

Vaporizers, on the other hand, are bigger and don't resemble traditional cigarettes quite as much, but can deliver more consistent nicotine delivery, battery longevity and a much larger variety of flavors and features. You have to decide what is most important to you and make your choice.

7. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    thanks nukem !!...guess im vapin then ..gota be better than smokin .and startin to hate the smell of smoke .

8. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Visit the E-Cigarette Forum and self educate. Using an electronic cigarette and "vaping" are the same thing. You are inhaling a vaporized liquid instead of burning tobacco smoke, no matter what kind of vapor producing device you use. I'm coming up on 5 years vaping and off cigarettes. Best thing I've ever done, short of not starting smoking in the first place would have been. Speaking of this, I wonder how @bullhaulerswife is doing since the last time this topic came up?

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    bullhaulerswife and bzinger Thank this.
  9. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    little over 6 years here i started with the crap you can buy at the truck stop counter and those lasted about 3 days. i got home and started research on them and bout my first modified device. all this time later im still using he same juice flavor and have about 12 different shiny things now. so glad i got away from the cigs.and except for buying shiny things my habit costs 13 dollars a month now.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  10. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    @RedForeman Still vaping. I've stepped down on mgs. Been a year and a half. I can exercise without being winded, there are just so many things that resolved for me after getting rid of the cigarettes. Huge thumbs up for vaping.

RedForeman Thanks this.
  11. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Me and the wife went cold to vapeing, a week later tried a reg cig, couldnt stand it. Been about 2 and half years. Alot better, i was a pack and a half to two packs a day. The wife around a pack. So at todays cost its around 18 to 20 bucks a day, we pay around 8 bucks a week in juice. She tried one of those ecigs at first, gave me a headache, she had problems with tasting food. Switched to tank style vape with localy made juice. No problems, highly sugest. We started on 24mg we use 12mg now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.