Anyone hiring?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by jfrazie7, May 26, 2017.

1. jfrazie7

jfrazie7 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2016
    So your saying that it's almost no companies paying $1800+ for frac?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
    I'm saying it is doubtful. There may be a driver or two that has a paycheck from the past year for $1,800 but there aren't ANY sand haulers averaging that much any more. If some company now was telling me i could make that much i would want proof or as i said earlier to talk to some of their current drivers. If you know anything about this company like what areas they work in it shouldn't be hard to find where their sand trucks stage at. There is a little Dunkin Donuts in Wyalusing PA where several sand haulers stage. Offer to buy a cup of coffee and most drivers will talk your ear off about their or other trucing companies. I bet their are probably members on this forum that have worked for you new prospective employer?

4. bbq247365

bbq247365 Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I've lived in west Texas for ten years and have worked in the oil field for eight of those years. ANYONE who says what the oil field is gonna do or not do has no idea what they are talking about as a general rule of thumb.

There are only two things you can count on in the oils field, it's gonna boom and it's gonna bust...

-Over

5. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    Amen, oh preacher of the Crude Oil Gospel!
    (Every day of the Boom is one day closer to the Bust. Every day in the Bust is one day closer to the Boom)

6. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    The next boom can't get here quick enough...

rabbiporkchop and 27butterfly Thank this.
  7. sandm1

sandm1 Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2017
    I believe that, work has picked up in the area in last 6 months, of course depends on how much individual drivers want to run and how busy the pad. But it's doable

jobs4you Thanks this.
  8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Cudd will be hosting a job fair June 13th & 14th in Odessa for coil tubing operators, snubbers, nitrogen, fluid pump operators, and mechanics.

Coil Tubing Operators Job Fair!

9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Schlumberger is hiring for cement and frac. I work for a small company that schlumberger uses for 3rd party drivers. We run their equipment but have our own dot # and signs that go over the doors. We pre load all their cement jobs. I work out of Horseheads ny and strasburg ohio. If you wanna run you can do 1700-2k a wk. Loose leaf logs and an old school mentality is how the company is run. Don't care what you do as long as you don't crash the truck and don't put the cement in the wrong bin/silo

Schlumberger yard in Strasburg ohio has 12-13 rigs I think and Horseheads has 6 or so.

10. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
    How is your schedule out of the Horseheads yard, i live right down the road? Is this just running a sand can or do you drive anything they need that day?

11. aquajosh

aquajosh Bobtail Member

May 26, 2011
    Carrollton, GA
    Hi MaxzRig, how much will your company pay an owner operator to haul frac sand? Are you guys busy? Have you heard of a company called Swaggin Wagon and any opinions? Will your company negotiate how many days off like 6-8 days every 21? Thanks for any input!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.