Anyone know about Radio Active Radios?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by psychocreep, Sep 10, 2008.

1. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    You clearly have never been to a "Key-Down" and seen just how bad RAR* rigs DESTROY the majority in the competitions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FriedTater

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    I'll bet 2 farms your a jealous competitor.
    ANY modded radio is VOID once the case is cracked whether RAR* does it or you do it.
    Mikes mods aren't bad,extreme and in FCC Violation yes.Just like any other
    peaked and tuned radio regardless of manufacture or hack that does the work.

Sure Mike is a Salesman! he runs a business,his product isn't over marketed(hyped) RAR*s product supports its self with PERFORMANCE as well as a solid long-term HISTORY!
    The people at RCI know well of Mike and the services he performs,due to legal reasons they can not legally support his actions.Surely you don't require spoon feeding of those details.

If anyone is STUPID ENOUGH to attempt a Warranty claim on a Modded Radio then by gaawd they need to have "it" handed to them!!

4. Sixx Burning Sky

Sixx Burning Sky Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2008
    You clearly haven't had any radios from AL at Sparky's then have you ? I owned a Radioactive General Lee so now you are wrong again, nice try..I will give ya an A for effort however.

JSmitty Thanks this.
  5. JSmitty

JSmitty Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Midland Tx
    You can't beat Al, nor his customer service.

6. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

Well I have done business with Al and Doug at Custom CB radios is now getting all of my business.

My original Stealth Cobra is getting sent to the guy came up with the concept and built it to be upgraded to the newest version along with the RFX75.

I am also refering all my friends and fellow local drivers to Doug from now on.

7. buck shot

buck shot Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2009
    corinth, ms
    just ordered a galaxy 10 meter with the channel mod i hope all you negatives are wrong

8. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    From the sound of a couple of the posters, it sounds like another CB hero shop. I hate these overmodulated splatter boxes, especially when they add reverb to an allready crowded modulation. Power is fine if you can be understood. Not to mention how they bleed all over the band. I often wonder how they convince a driver he sounds great when it sounds like he's talking thru oatmeal boxes and a string. No, I take that back. Those sound much better.
    As for keydowns, I don't think that has anything to do with trucker radios: that's a different animal entirely.

delta5 and squirrellsgnwild Thank this.
  9. FriedTater

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Pretty broad brush statement there RF.
    Over modulation is very common with "over tuned" radio's
    Just because a radio "splatters or bleeds" doesn't mean it is improperly tuned.
    The improper "use" of a custom radio does not fall back on the shop that built it.
    Tuning a radio for max watts and superior "audio" is what its all about.
    Custom mods like those offered thru RAR are not common and are by far "gimmicks" each one performs "by design" a "purpose" to the radio user/owner.

What other shop offers such an assortment of mods ?
    What other shop as brought INNOVATION to the hobby ?
    It takes dedication to design then patiently "perfect" the performance of such.
    What mods have those others shops brought to market ? Those "of their own design" ?

RadioActive Customs are VERY INTIMIDATING,they do exactly what is advertised. They destroy the competitions offerings in overall wattage/audio clarity performance.
    They also run much cooler which makes the units last for many years.
    What other shop offers a LIFETIME WARRANTY ?

It is VERY WELL PROVEN there are people that "say" they have owned a radio built by RAR can not prove they in fact ever made such a purchase.

Those same people also make "failure claims",those too are "unsupported".
    There have in fact been a few RAR radios that have failed in the past,every single one of the issues were "corrected" once "USER" error
    was eliminated at the expense of RAR and not the customer.
    Many other shops are well known to be indifferent once a sale is made
    and the product received,never the case when dealing with RAR.

Again,
    What other shop offers a LIFETIME WARRANTY ?

As for "key-downs and trucker radios"
    Their very common,though not as formal as a true competition event staged at a specific time and place where competitors are afforded "tweak-time" and such.
    I'm talking random testosterone driven Wild West Gun fights between boys and girls with their toys.

There was a fella trying to defend his belief that his General Lee was talking over mine.Neither of us had "friends" in the audience so the game
    was evenly matched.After several "back and forths" a lady keyed up and called for "break channel" the opposing fella gave her the "break".

She calmly advised the fella that "my claims" were completely "FALSE"
    and that my RAR tuned General was NOT talking over his.
    Upon which he thanked her for her comment and support,after acouple seconds of silence she keyed back in with,

He is talking THROUGH your radio !! she was 3 miles of interstate ahead of the pack,which fully supports RAR claims of Superior AUDIO!!!
    The fella never keyed up again after she said what she said.:biggrin_2553:

Isolated incident ? LOL not even!
    I can "humble" many on a regular basis,bragging ? no Sir! FACT!!

Why is it so hard for people to "understand" there is in fact an Innovative Industry Leader in the world of two-ways radios ?

Business is good at RAR so the chances are real good you'll one day run into an RAR built radio,remember the story of the alligator and the hummingbird.

:biggrin_25525:

10. mizdageeragn

mizdageeragn Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    almost there
    I love my General from RAR. I get lots of kudo's on the way it sounds and the way it punches thru the flotsam and jetsam of cb backround. I've had it almost three years now and have not had ANY problems with it and not any complaints about it. I've had many different radios since 1967 when I bought my first Cobra and this radio puts all of them to shame; even the ones that were " supertuned" or whatever you want to call it.

11. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

Got to love the Super Hack Pack. 1 dollars worth of junk from rat shack and about 10 mins of time and anyone can have a similar radio.

I keyed down on a SWP General the other day with a cobra 29 Stealth. The guy was sitting in town at the local truck stop and I was about 5 miles out and I was keying all over him. He said there was no way a cobra 29 was keying over him. Since I was stopping anyway I had him come over and look at it. I also directed him to were he can get one also.

This is the original Stealth that Doug did when he was at a certain shop for a short time. Not the version that that particular shop is doing now.

I can't wait to see what my Cobra will do when I get the lastest (Version 3) done to it.

Oh and for some reason I can key down on people without bleeding onto other channels unlike a RAR Super Hack Pack radio does.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.