Anyone know anything about FFE ?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by chuckjnc, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Slickshaner, shrug off the negativity on this forum. I worked for FFE 3 times in the late '90,s. The 3rd time, they came looking for me to entice me back to work. I accepted. Now, fast forward to 2010, might not be the same company. Ownership is the same, (Stubbs family, Stoney Stubbs, Mit Stubbs, Russell Stubbs, Grandfather, Father, Son) well established operation since 1946, good accounts, some LTL operations, But, like all trucking companies, are struggling to keep afloat. I was impressed with a story the safety guy told during orientation the last time I worked there in '99. A FFE driver had wiped out a family of 3 and was being sued along with Corporate. FFE set aside $60 million to pay out thinking they would be getting their pants sued off. The family sued for $6 million and FFE gladly paid. Not having to pay $56 million was a relief. So, go and hire on and be the best you can be.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    I would rather declair bankrupcy and roll over into my own grave before ever going back to work for these jack ###'s!

4. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Allow Me, I grew up in the trucking world. FFE USED to be a reputable outfit but now they are trash. IF you check out their website they are now hiring ex-felons and DWI's at a time when it is an employers market. Safety rating is trash too, they don't want to keep their equipment in good condition "spend a dollar to save a dime".

5. wpmclam

wpmclam Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    Listen to Lonewolf, he knows about them. I was too dense to listen

6. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    WPM what ya getting hit with?

7. wpmclam

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    Way low miles, something like 1200 a week so I've been doing alot more research this time around

8. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    #### man I feel ya on that. I thought the last trip out I was gonan have it good. First run was over 1500 miles by itself. The next 3 runs I made barely added up to 2800. Glad I am done with them, but now I have to find real work.

9. wpmclam

Feb 8, 2010
    Venus, TX
    I'm looking at Crete and marten. What do you think of them?

10. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    I honestly don't know, I would use the search function and read as much as I could on both. My driving days are through, so I am on the forum now to interact with people I have met.

11. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I think I would tend to lean more towards crete myself.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.