Anyone know what these codes are for?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Sixela918, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Sixela918

Sixela918 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    While truck is parked and idling it just gets really loud (at first I thought the fan was hitting the shroud), with those codes. First time it happened, I did try to drive and it wouldn't go above 4mph. So far, shutting off the batteries for a bit has worked each time, but it is happening more and more frequently. Oh yeah, when I select each fault code to get more info, it just says electrical fault or something helpful like that. Once I kill the batteries all codes are gone until it happens again IMG-20240408-WA0002.jpeg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Looks like a fuel pressure limiting valve.

Simple enough to replace yourself.. I personally would buy the valve and replace it..if I’m wrong then I got spare parts for the toolbox :)

4. Sixela918

Sixela918 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah I looked it up after I posted this. Thank you for the reply.

5. SWM_TECH

SWM_TECH Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2018
    You know already but for others reading this post in the future the fault description may be beneficial. SPN 5571 FMI 7 -Pressure limiting valve, Failed to close, SPN 157 FMI 18 -Fuel Rail Pressure too High, and SPN 520268 FMI 18 -Fuel Rail Pressure too High, Similar Condition.
    Proper testing with DiagnosticLInk will help pinpoint if it is a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor, faulty quantity control valve, faulty wiring, faulty MCM, damaged needle return line, damaged amplifier return line, damaged fuel rail to fuel injector line or pressure limiting valve.

Sixela918 and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.