Anyone make 2k a week here regularly

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by duckdiver, Aug 19, 2018.

1. tallmon

tallmon Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Dang, that's low. I'm in Northeast. My guys get guaranteed minimum of 1100.

speedyk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    No, but getting close:
    [​IMG]

And when you consider this is basically a M-F, weekends off job, with very good benefits (not very many companies can match it), then it's not too shabby. Also, you're just driving around for the most part.

Everyone needs to start posting their checks!

4. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Some of us prefer not to get laughed out of the forum.

I tried applying for a package car positon but couldnt make it past the initial screen to get to the application. They must only accept spotless records.

Seems most of the trucking jobs for ups are for the non union side.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. adb

adb Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    W
    Wow. Are you owner o.o? What is the union fees? How many years have you been driving??

6. adb

adb Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2018
    how is this possible? How many years exp. do you have? My fiance is new to truck driving and in Dec. it will be a year. He is doing a local route, started on a dedicated. I am hoping he can get a guarentee, one day on his pay.

7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Wait til spring. Spring, freight hits the fan. Tell him to get a hazmat, tanker, and doubles endorsement. These are linehaul positions. They do prefer experience for linehaul so he might have to do City p&d then transfer to linehaul. Depends on terminals if they need freight moved badly enough. Your location is also a key too. These companies that pay high dollar are Old Dominion, Estes, Saia, FedEx Freight, UPS Freight, XPO, ABF some others too can’t name em.

A lot of pay goes into how long the runs are. That takes seniority which is time at the company. Some companies it takes 3 year pay progression and build seniority to get a good mileage paying run. Also it’s night shift work and extraboard which means he can work 6 days a week with a day of in the middle of the week til he gets a schedule. It’s not forever but could be a hardship on a relationship for a year or two.

Also to get a linehaul run as a noob he can try YRC. They are taking Linehaul with less then a year exp. He can make 70-80k his first year there get the experience and apply at one of these higher paying LTL’s. YRC is LTL experience. Use them as a stepping stone. When I worked under YRC had atleast 5 people I know go to these companies from YRC. A couple went to Old D, Saia, UPS package. They all went straight to linehaul. Even though YRC pays less it’s still one of the biggest revenue companies. Experience is good on the resume. Had a O.D. TM tell me if YRC went under they will be overwhelmed by freight tremendously.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Bob Dobalina and speedyk Thank this.
  8. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    No, but ups does use O/O's. $60.00 per month. 17 on and off.

9. Russian Rabbit

Jan 3, 2016
    Nothing to be embarrassed about. Tell me about your record. The union side IS definitely hiring; We just hired two more road/linehaul drivers.

10. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Just caught a speeding ticket. Non moving in iowa about a week after my brother passed from cancer.
    Other than that just rookie mistakes, Which im sure they view as accidents. All handled internally nothing major just cracked a few brackets when i was fresh off the training bus. Almost 2 years ago

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.